Does WHO make a Graphic Card matter?

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

I am tempted to buy a X850XT Platinum Edition yet in the UK it's all after market brands like Connect 3D and Sapphire, I've always traditionally bought the official ATI Offerings - is the only difference the packaging contents?

Some of them throw in extra goodies in the box bundles, if you have no plans to overclock then it doesn't really matter about brand.

Sapphire are a nice company to deal with regards to repairs and warranties

Most (if not all) are based around ATI's reference design. Manufacturers will then 'add value' (or not) whether this be by overclocking or some other method. Most are much of a muchness, benchmarks between manufacturers will show a could of points difference, but nothing anyoue would notice in the real world.
I've experience of Sappire and powercolor ATI designs, and have no complaints for either. I'm not even sure ATI sell cards these days, concentrating on their chip business

I guess Sapphire 3D is the Ati X850 Platinum Edition then... Where's the cheapest AGP Version?

(Not upgrading to a PCI Express setup till I go to America)

In genreal Sapphire, Asus, and HIS seem to be the top manufacturers...I always buy from Sapphire and have never had a problem, previosuly the king of graphics card uses to be Hercules, does anyone know why they stopped making cards?, also is there any link between Hercules and Sapphire?, any Sapphire are now the best card makers, well tha's my opinion...

I'll have a spare Ati Radeon 9600 All in Wonder...

What should I do with it?

Wow...

Overclock.co.uk tried to screw me by sending me a non platinum edition but using a platinum edition box cover on the website, they amended their website to state that the item was merely using the platinum edition box - the sales guy tried to get me to accept the delivery tommorow - obviously anyone has the right of rejection and as long as you don't sign for it then your not liable for a restocking charge! ( a fabricated charge which nets the company 15%! ) I am really unhappy and now they are trying to charge me delivery as I am rejecting the goods, no way!

(i'll take them to small claims court if they try - or I'll contact Trading Standards and get them to get me the refund!)

Yeah they'll probably try loads of crap to wiggle out of it, just say what they're doing is actually against the consumer protection act and you could take them to court for not upholding the law

reject delivery, it is your right
get refund from credit card if there are problems

distance sellers cannot charge restocking fees, if you notify them of a return within 7 working days of delivery.

kmhtkmhtkmht said:
Wow...

Overclock.co.uk tried to screw me by sending me a non platinum edition but using a platinum edition box cover on the website, they amended their website to state that the item was merely using the platinum edition box - the sales guy tried to get me to accept the delivery tommorow - obviously anyone has the right of rejection and as long as you don't sign for it then your not liable for a restocking charge! ( a fabricated charge which nets the company 15%! ) I am really unhappy and now they are trying to charge me delivery as I am rejecting the goods, no way!

(i'll take them to small claims court if they try - or I'll contact Trading Standards and get them to get me the refund!)

don't you have to sign for it before you open the box and check the item?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom