Does what I am looking for exist?

Kootuu

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, I need 5 speakers as I already have a sub.

Now, I seem to have a lot of requirements and I can't seem to find anything for me.

They need to be silver, the front and center needs to be shielded as they will be close to the tv and about £150 for all five? Might spend a little more depending on what's available.

Anyone know of any speaker packages/seperates that might be worth looking at.

I've had to discount Mission speakers as they are black?(surely they could do some silver version?)

Cheers,
Chris

Can you buy them seperate? They all seem to have a sub included.

How much are they new?

I bought mine seperately (5) for about £100 each which takes you way over budget,thats why i suggested second hand.

£150 for 5 speakers. You're taking the mickey? Come back when you've saved some more pocket money.

Might not be a lot to you, heck, it's not THAT much to me, but I don't want to get silly and spend all my money on speakers.

I just want a system that I'm happy with and gives the impressions of an immersive surround experience.

£150 doesn't seem too bad, especially as I haven't heard the top quality stuff so I can't compare, my ears are not trained...

Go the ebay route, it's your only chance.

For that price I'd say you should pick up some Mission M72s (couple of pairs) and a cheap mission centre. Be better than nothing and shouldn't stretch your budget too much.

I wasn't trying to be condescending and as you've said you haven't heard the "top quality stuff". As a guide entry level speaker packages start at about £400, a mid range package about £1500-£2000 and as for the "top quality stuff", well how much money have you got? I realise you are after an entry level speaker package but also feel you are being unrealistic about prices. Even a half decent stereo pair of speakers start at about £150.

darth

Richer Sounds (as of their website):

1 off Mission M7CI centre speaker £49.99

2 sets Mission M71i £99.98

All in black (hey, beggars can't be choosers)

One set of speakers from a respected manufacturer for less than £150.

Job done Crustyloafer ;-) - would they really be all that bad for £150?

Of course someone will probably say these aren't the best yer can get. But hey its £150 for a set of speakers. Less than many people spend on the cable to one speaker.

I'd say they would get you up and running and will sound like proper speakers.

Chris

Yea I had my eye on those Missions at one point, I thought they had a good repuation? Any idea why they don't do the missions in silver?

They do some stuff in silver - like the FS range and the M70s. But these are classed as 'lifestyle' speakers which, of course, have to come in silver . :) Looking at Mission's own site the M70 comes in silver but the M71 pack (which is basically what you have here but with monopoles instead of bipoles) is in a wood finish plus a black finish. The stuff at RS is possibly end of line.

If you look at the price of an M71 pack you'll find your saving £200 over their RRP. Not bad... and pretty close to the £400 that Crustyloafer mentioned as rock bottom for a set of speakers.

Go for it mate - you know it makes sense.

Chris

I know I know :D

Unfortunately, I stumbled upon the Kef KHT 2005 speakers. I can get them for £79 each, which would bring the total to around £395. WAY more than I want to spend, BUT I could do it every now and then. A speaker a month?

I mean, one would be better than my tv speakers, they are utter rubbish!

Do you think it's worth the extra money compared to the Mission M71s?

Sensible idea actually m8.

Front 2 for £160, then a centre and finally the rears.

Get a demo if you can and compare the 2 systems.

You'll have to make a decision some time or you'll not buy anything.

Once you do buy something, don't ever come back to the forum for at least a year. That way you won't feel guilty/despondent/sad/frustrated etc. cos something else has come along that's newer/cheaper/faster/better. Oh and don't buy any mags either :)

Chris

IMO the Mission M71i are better than the MKI Eggs. The Mission M7C1 center isn't much cop, so I'd go to RS and get 3 sets M71i, storing one speaker until you get a 6.1 amp. Will sound lovely! :smashin:

I'd agree Nobber but i think darth needs a shielded speaker to go atop his telly.

Chris

yea shielded definately, are the Mission M71's not shielded then?

I've thought about going second hand, even posted a messsage regarding the kef eggs, nothing so far.

Painting eh, it has crossed my mind, a little concerned about the paint getting through...can you easily dismantle the outercasing and put it back together?

So if I go the Kef Eggs route, you suggest I get two fronts, THEN the centre and THEN the rears?

Darthmahon,

I was looking on the net and i saw Canton,german brand selling 5 small satallites,and sub for 350€uros which isn't much £££,maybe you could search out thier prices in the uk,and demo them before spending your monies,sorry not selling my KEF eggs,have some Sonus Fabers if intrested?

Sonus Fabers, what are they then? I did a quick check up on the net, look too big for my room.

Had a look at the Canton speakers, definately look the part, anybody heard them?

Which Canton set were you looking at specifically?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom