Does using aux in override the sound processing of an amp (the amp is built into the speaker)?

LexDiamond

Sorry for the dumb question but I have googled it can’t seem to figure it out.

My situation is that I have been looking for a solution to some decent audio recently without having separate amps and speakers for £500. I recently auditioned the Audio Pro Addon C10 and was very pleased with it. It’s small and is essentially a Bluetooth/multi room speaker type but sounds very neutral and pleasant. I want to buy 2 for a stereo pair and at £250 each it’s very reasonably priced as it has been discontinued.

My issue is that it is old tech. It has Bluetooth 4 or Airplay (the original and not 2). I’m a bit worried I may spend £500 on something that won’t be supported for long. It does have an aux in.

If in the future I were to buy a device that can plug in to the aux in as a way to stream music from phone/tablet or I was to buy a device that stores music and can be plugged into the aux in would that over ride the internal sound processing of the C10s? I’m a bit concerned that if it does then the speakers may end up sounding different to how they do now and I may not like it.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Difficult to say for sure, but I would imagine that all inputs would be treated the same so far as any sound shaping for the overall speaker.

Bluetooth and Airplay are designed to be relatively transparent, so the audio processing will be downstream of this to make up for any deficiencies in the speaker itself.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As is often the case with ‘smart’ tech the Audio Pro App seems to be a real weak point going by user reviews.

Joe

LexDiamond

It’s terrible. I’m going to have to send it back as playing through the app gives no sound (although the song shows as playing) and Bluetooth has intermittent drop outs so I can’t enjoy the song.

Shame really as it sounds lovely and has just the right sound signature for my taste.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Many hardware manufacturers falter when trying to take on software projects in house.

SONOS is the most user friendly and consistent of the streaming Apps I have tried, Yamaha MusicCast is reliable and TiBo is decent value hardware but a clunky app.

Another approach is active speakers and add a streaming device - plenty of options for decent desk top/stand mount active speakers - Edifier S3000 Pro Active Stereo Speaker Review

Joe

LexDiamond

Thanks for that. I’m not a huge fan of Sonos. I hadn’t looked into bookshelves so am going to research those.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom