Does UKIP have a future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UKIP are The Walking Dead now.

Most leavers are not rascist so will have nothing to do with UKIP with how they are seen now.

Once Brexit is done if next Tory leader is true to word and does No Deal if EU don't change (they wont) then I'd expect Brexit Party to dissapear too.

If not then Brexit Party will eat into Tory & Labour at next GE and likely get at least 35% of the vote.
I think Nigel Farage is the flavour of the month, but he really has no policies concerning issues that will arise post-Brexit. He's running a one-issue Party and I suspect he will turn out to be something of a one trick pony. There are a lot of things to be done once we leave the EU; UKIP have plans and policies, Nigel Farage does not. Time will tell.

I'm not sure why you would associate racism or bigotry with UKIP; immigration has become a hotly debated subject in Britain, and it's an important issue. Most Countries in the World have much tighter controls and limits on immigration than does Britain or EU member states because they are very conservative about introducing change to their Countries, and immigration does bring profound changes to a Country.

psikey

I think Nigel Farage is the flavour of the month, but he really has no policies concerning issues that will arise post-Brexit. He's running a one-issue Party and I suspect he will turn out to be something of a one trick pony. There are a lot of things to be done once we leave the EU; UKIP have plans and policies, Nigel Farage does not. Time will tell.

I'm not sure why you would associate racism or bigotry with UKIP; immigration has become a hotly debated subject in Britain, and it's an important issue. Most Countries in the World have much tighter controls and limits on immigration than does Britain or EU member states because they are very conservative about introducing change to their Countries, and immigration does bring profound changes to a Country.
Are you part of UKIP? Social media response team?

General - Other
They're not exactly the KKK though are they? Sargon (Carl Benjamin) I sometimes find annoying and he says some stupid things sometimes, but 99.9% of the time he's fine, you'd have to trawl through hundreds of hours of his live-stream broadcasts to pick out a minute or two of him saying things that he shouldn't have said. Pretty much the same as any normal person.

Racist jokes often are funny if they're funny, you're just not supposed to laugh in public. I'm sure there is a stand-up comedian somewhere in China right now making jokes about the English, and I am fine with that.

Mark Meecham aka Count Dankula is "linked to racist form posts" according to two gentlemen working for BBC Scotland. They are talking nonsense. Mark Meecham is a pretty funny guy and if you watch one or two his videos it all makes sense. He drinks beer, cracks jokes and tells stories.
He's a good bloke I think.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Looked at the profiles and can't argue.
Lyrans?

Status
Not open for further replies.