Does UKIP have a future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeybabes2

Nigel Farage has resigned as leader of UKIP.

It will be interesting to see where UKIP goes next.

I wonder who the media will pick as their new bogeyman ?

simonlewis

It will be a shame to see him go, i've always liked Nigel Farage.

Enki

Banned
It's like 10 green bottles these leading briexiteers, typical upper class rent a mouth, when they are given the chance to deliver, they are off, all talk and no action!

mikeybabes2

It's like 10 green bottles these leading briexiteers, typical upper class rent a mouth, when they are given the chance to deliver, they are off, all talk and no action!
I think that's a little unfair, in the unlikely event he was invited to become involved in the negotiations he would have probably had to resign anyway, and he's put in a fair shift as leader. 17 years was it ?

It's Cameron who caused much of this current mess. He promised (yeah, I know) that he would lead a Brexit government in negotiations and then bottled it right at the end.

Whatever you view of him, I think he's been one of the most demonised political figures in the country, though it's fair to say that some of this was self inflicted.

raduv1

Distinguished Member

Enki

Banned
I think that's a little unfair, in the unlikely event he was invited to become involved in the negotiations he would have probably had to resign anyway, and he's put in a fair shift as leader. 17 years was it ?
Forgot about all those MPs to manage the policy he was formulating and putting forward, in between beer drinking fishing and being a MEP.:rolleyes::laugh: oh and arguing with Carswell;). Sell sell sell.

Cliff

Distinguished Member
You make it sound like he didn't do much and is now off? Wasn't it through his continuous efforts to build support for UKIP over the years, that forced the governments hand to have the referendum.?
Whatever you think of his politics, he has worked hard, resulting in a referendum for the British people to decide.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Whatever you think of his politics, he has worked hard, resulting in a referendum for the British people to decide.
He has spent whipping up an anti-immigrant mob and earning a pretty penny on the back of UK taxpayers. Now the gravy train has ended, he is off before he has to face the consequences of his actions.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
earning a pretty penny on the back of UK taxpayers.
Like all MP's then.

Least he'll take some credit for stopping the MEP gray train.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
He has spent whipping up an anti-immigrant mob and earning a pretty penny on the back of UK taxpayers. Now the gravy train has ended, he is off before he has to face the consequences of his actions.
That poster will a load of (supposed) immigrants was at best fear mongering, possibly even borderline terrorism.
My definition of terrorism is attempting to control people by fear so it meets that.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Like all MP's then.

Least he'll take some credit for stopping the MEP gray train.
He wasn't an MP he was an MEP. Far more profitable.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Cameron was first out.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I know. It was just in response to Ras who was having a dig at Farage.

messimagician

That poster will a load of (supposed) immigrants was at best fear mongering, possibly even borderline terrorism.
My definition of terrorism is attempting to control people by fear so it meets that.
You best start rallying all the others up then like Osborne and co if you define that has terrorism haha

The Dude

Distinguished Member
So by your definition of the word, anybody who was part of the remain campaign is a terrorist, and anybody who voted remain is a terrorist sympathiser? :D

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Thank you for a stupid answer.
This is about the method used and applies to any group or topic.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
He was accusing me of only applying it to one side without bothering to ask.
I did use a general definition.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
When the MEP cash runs out?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Sorry, not witty.

The Dude

Distinguished Member
He was accusing me of only applying it to one side without bothering to ask.
I did use a general definition.
No I wasn't, I was applying your definition of the word terrorism to the actions of the remain campaign, in exactly the same way that you applied your definition of the word terrorism to describe the behaviour of the exit campaign.

I wasn't accusing you of anything other than what you just accused me of ;)

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Statement from Nigel Farage

I have decided to stand aside as Leader of UKIP. The victory for the 'Leave' side in the referendum means that my political ambition has been achieved. I came into this struggle from business because I wanted us to be a self-governing nation, not to become a career politician.

UKIP is in a good position and will continue, with my full support to attract a significant vote. Whilst we will now leave the European Union the terms of our withdrawal are unclear. If there is too much backsliding by the Government and with the Labour Party detached from many of its voters then UKIP's best days may be yet to come.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you the membership for your extraordinary support and generosity over the many years, I could not have done it without you.

Yours as ever,

Nigel Farage

nabby

Distinguished Member
He can go back to singing Hitler Youth songs and other fun moments from his late teens at Dulwich College.

Status
Not open for further replies.