Does UK mastercard still work on US store?

skirpydoink

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a mastercard account setup with the US store but i recently lost my card and had to apply for another....

I have my new Mastercard in today and every time i try to set it up for my US account or make a new one i get the message that my credit card details are invalad.

Anybody know if the Mastercard still works on US store?

Maybe i am doing something wrong.

Cheers!

It's possible it may only work now with already registered cards and not new ones. I'm not sure but that might be the case.

I have made up another 2 accounts and none of them work.

I have signed up to WWW-Card and all my credit cards blocked the transaction and i am having problems with Wirecard also.

No Tekken DR online for me then this Thursday :(

Hi,

I phoned them up asking if you need to activate the card like you do with Visa cards, but the person said it was working fine.

He could see that i had tried to add funds and the card was accepted, so it must be something to do with PS3 network.

Managed to get the Wirecard sorted out:)

Now playing the HK version of Tekken 5 DR online:clap:

I've forgotten my username for my wirecard.

I read somewhere on the PS3 forum that you could upload using a Visa version of wirecard. I know that the website started in e... and was something like erospay or eroscard.com, nut i can't find the thread for the life of me?

Anyone know if of such a website?

Managed to get the Wirecard sorted out:)

Now playing the HK version of Tekken 5 DR online:clap:

Can I ask how?

I have my wirecard all ready to go and it works fine on the JAP/HK stores i.e I can add funds to my wallt in those stores.

However, when I try to use my wirecard to add funds to my US account I just get a message "The credit card information is not valid"

I can't understand why though. Can you help me out?

Hello,

I have been trying to buy Tekken off the US store and i get the same message, i read that you need to delete the billing address from the HK account but i am still getting the same message as you.

I will give it a full 24 hours and try again, if it does not work , i will e-mail Wirecard and ask them if i can get a new card.

Hi Everyone

I also tried to get a wirecard and was then asked for passport etc, sod that:mad:

Heres the method I used yesterday (8th September 2007) to add funds to my usa playstation account:

1: I purchased a 'IDT Prime card - pre-paid mastercard' (see idtprime.com/)
from a local shop (no ID needed but you should be over 18) and put £20 on it for a total cost of £23, some places that do 'paypoint' sell them including some Londis shops, but probably best to phone idt customer service for a list of shops in your postcode area especialy if you don't live in a major city as there were only 3 newsagents selling them in my local area (Southend,Essex)

2: 'Activate' your card by phoning the number on the card (it's an easy automated service).

3: DO NOT 'register' your card online etc so that no name or address is linked to the activated card, there are no real benefits to registering and it's not compulsary ( you can't register using a usa address).

4:Boot up your ps3 and login to your usa playstation username and go to 'account management' then 'manage wallet' then 'add funds' then select 'credit card' and use the details on the prime card and your usa name and address that you registered the usa playstation account with.

5: IMPORTANT - Then add $5 dollars only and then keep adding just $5 dollars each time till you have added the amount you want (IDT charge your card approx 50c to $1.50 for each foreign transaction- see their website for full details, so my £20 card added funds to my account and then purchased games to the value of approx $30 before my card used up all it's money and was finished,and it's not reloadable).

I tried adding $20 in one go but then sony check the usa address against the credit card number and it comes up invalid.

6: You can then go to the store and purchase and download any items you desire.

I downloaded and installed Puzzle fighter,softn,qbert, and championship sprint and they all played fine even when i logged in as my normal uk username.

It works out a little bit expensive at a total cost of £23 for approx $30 worth of sony store stuff but it was worth it for the great games.

Hope this helps.

Tried to add funds to my USA account today using my Mastercard, but they must check the address against the card, because when I enter my card and then use the same address as I used when I signed up, it comes up with "Invaid Credit Card information" which means they check the details before you ever get a chance to add funds :thumbsdow

Is there anyway us UK folks can add funds to the USA account?

There is an option called "Playstation Network Card" whatever that is?

Tried to add funds to my USA account today using my Mastercard, but they must check the address against the card, because when I enter my card and then use the same address as I used when I signed up, it comes up with "Invaid Credit Card information" which means they check the details before you ever get a chance to add funds :thumbsdow

Just added $10 in $5 installments with no problems with the Mastercard I registered at the start of the year so it definitely still works if you have already registered your card and you add funds in $5 installments.

If you registered your card at the start of the year then you will be fine, but as it is my first time registering my card now, they dont let you do this as they check the billing address for all new cards added BEFORE you get to add money to the account, which is really annoying!

I dont know why they would do this for all UK owners, but they will be losing money from us customers and also make people more frustrated about the US Playstation store having games well before the UK Store gets them. Why they cant just update all region stores evades me entirely.

Now I will have to wait X weeks before I can download the full version of Puzzle Fighter HD :thumbsdow

I tried again to register my card, but no joy twice!

Please, can ANYONE tell me if there is anyway you can add funds to a USA account to purchase premium content!?

I am at a loss, so if anyone knows, can you please tell me, as im sure others will want to know exactly the same information! :lease:

I tried again to register my card, but no joy twice!

Please, can ANYONE tell me if there is anyway you can add funds to a USA account to purchase premium content!?

I am at a loss, so if anyone knows, can you please tell me, as im sure others will want to know exactly the same information! :lease:

I suspect you may not be able to register anymore cards on the US store.

Is this it for UK customers who wish to purchase on the US store then?

If you cannot register credit cards based in the UK, is there any workaround still available?

Is this it for UK customers who wish to purchase on the US store then?

If you cannot register credit cards based in the UK, is there any workaround still available?

Like I said I suspect they have closed the loop hole altogether but I'm not sure. It would apply to people outside the US trying to register a card and purchase from the US PSN. As far as I know there is no work around.

If you cannot physically use cards that are registered to a UK address, can you use one of these what they call "Virtual Cards" or "Virtual Gift Cards" where you basically have a credit card, but you dont have to supply address details to it?

I heard about this before, but not sure if these websites still exist today?

If you cannot physically use cards that are registered to a UK address, can you use one of these what they call "Virtual Cards" or "Virtual Gift Cards" where you basically have a credit card, but you dont have to supply address details to it?

I heard about this before, but not sure if these websites still exist today?

See my previous post in this thread regarding the IDT Prime card, it still worked great when i purchased some stuff from the USA PS3 store yesterday:thumbsup:

It doesn't work on the Japan PS3 store though:thumbsdow

I will try this IDT Prime card today then, there seems to be a lot of stores right near my work which is a good start to me!

If this works for the US Store you will have one happy man!

I have just tried it this evening, and IT WORKS!!!! :thumbsup::clap::rotfl:

Thankyou very much to BADMRTOAD, because without his helpful advice I would never have been able to get this to work properly, as he is the only one that managed to find a workable solution to this problem.

You can only add $10 at a time to make sure it works, and you can get a $30 wallet for your £23 (£20 on card & £3 card fee) which might sound expensive to some people, but then you dont really have any other options open to the UK.

Now its on my US account, im tempted to register it to my debit card so that I can add upto £500 on it in one go, as you can now pay £1.95 to make this card re-loadable rather than a throw away card!

If it is already registered on the account, I assume it wouldnt be checking the address the next time I added another $10 using the same card?

I have just tried it this evening, and IT WORKS!!!! :thumbsup::clap::rotfl:

Thankyou very much to BADMRTOAD, because without his helpful advice I would never have been able to get this to work properly, as he is the only one that managed to find a workable solution to this problem.

You can only add $10 at a time to make sure it works, and you can get a $30 wallet for your £23 (£20 on card & £3 card fee) which might sound expensive to some people, but then you dont really have any other options open to the UK.

Now its on my US account, im tempted to register it to my debit card so that I can add upto £500 on it in one go, as you can now pay £1.95 to make this card re-loadable rather than a throw away card!

If it is already registered on the account, I assume it wouldnt be checking the address the next time I added another $10 using the same card?

That isn't worth it though in my opinion. Adding $30 to your wallet should cost you closer to £15 and not £23. You're paying about 50% then you should be doing it that way. Certainly not worth it just to get some premium games or game related content.

My Mastercards still working here :thumbsup: flogged my launch day ps3 ages ago, but recently bought one back again after the price drop....

Just signed in with my original account and all my details were linked to my account, and added funds to my wallet.....

My Mastercards still working here :thumbsup: flogged my launch day ps3 ages ago, but recently bought one back again after the price drop....

Just signed in with my original account and all my details were linked to my account, and added funds to my wallet.....

it's registering new cards that doesn't work.. cards that were already registered at launch etc would still work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom