Question Does UE40NU7120 replace UE40MU6400U?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by dalehead, Jul 25, 2018.

1. dalehead

dalehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    So i was about to pull the trigger on a purchase from John Lewis on the Samsung UE40MU6400U. I've seen this TV in the flesh, and liked the look of it.
    It went out of stock, and has since disappeared. It won awards, and i had made my mind up, but with it no longer seemingly available from John Lewis, I need to choose something else.

I specifically want 40", and its to sit in a big open kitchen/dining area extension we've had built, so i don't really want bigger/smaller than 40-43". It will run Freeview, a LOT of on demand iPlayer/Netflix etc to keep the kids entertained at breakfast, and I may hook up a SkyQ second room box to it, but there won't be any Blueray players or other HDMI connections needed.

It's going to be wall mounted on a slimline moveable bracket, so i can angle it into the kitchen when cooking, out to the garden when weather is good etc, but will mainly be sat flush on the wall. The bracket i already have, along with the ultra secure wall fixings.

Because of its 'movability', i wanted something that looks tidy from the sides, which both of these models seem to do, but i'm not an expert, and there aren't really any reviews of the newer UE40NU7120.

Can anyone give me the courage to hit 'buy' on this one based on my needs?

Primary uses:
    - Freeview
    - iPlayer/Netflix
    - Potential SkyQ box
    Will be mainly an ambience TV, not used for hard-core viewing, and must look aesthetically neat and tidy.

My main room TV is LG B series, and i love the menus, but the 43" LG's look a bit 'ugly', and i have Samsung TV's in other rooms, and the interface on those is ok. Haven't considered any other brands other than Samsung or LG really, but would consider them if there was a really recommended set based on these needs.

Many thanks for reading. Appreciate any advice of course. I have £500 of John Lewis vouchers to use up, but don't mind adding more money to it if needed .... but i need to be able to buy it from JL :)

2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    NU7400 replaces MU6400. NU71xx is a step down from either.

Panasonic EX700 is a good alternative at this size point.

3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    Samsung have many names for the same TV. Anything 40MU64 is the same tv and anything MU61 is the same TV minus the wide colour gamut- only useful with HDR.

The new NU series is the same, NU74 has a wide colour gamut, NU71 does not.

Look for more than only the full model number, search for all TVs, eg:
    https://pricespy.co.uk/search?q=Samsung 40Mu

If you go for a new 2018 model like the NU series, you can expect to pay more for less, they tend to be overpriced compared to last years models which by comparison usually come with discount.