Does Trophy Support Influence You When Buying Games?

Does Trophy Support Influence You When Buying Games?

• Yes - I will only buy games that I can get trophies on.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Sometimes - If I've been looking forward to the game I'll still buy it.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No - Trophies / Smouchies - Who Cares?

Votes: 47 70.1%

• Total voters

ghost5

Established Member
Reaction score
Trophies haven't been out for that long but there's a big list of upcoming games that will support them and also a big list of games that won't.

So as the title says; Does Does Trophy Support Influence You When Buying Games?

Yes - What no trophies? I'm not buying it!

Sometimes - It depends on whether I have been looking forward to game. If not and there's no trophies I'll give it a miss.
or
Sometimes - I may get it in on the 360 instead to get achievement points.

No - I really don't care about trophies.

I am voting for sometimes.
I have been looking forward to Fifa, SW:TFU and fallout 3. Even though they don't have trophies I still bought them. I wasn't too bothered about Bioshock, but as it has trophies and I need a new shoot-em up I'm getting it (& the fact that my friend won't stop going on about how good it is). Like wise Civilization Revolution demo was ok and I thought about buying it, but with no trophies I gave it a miss.

Last edited:
Voted no. I like having them but they don't influence my decision one bit.

No way, absolutely could not give a monkeys whether Trophies are included or not. I'd have to take a long, hard look at myself if they ever did influence my decisions:)

Voted 'no' too. I'm over the Trophy euphoria thing now...

Just edited it to include with the sometimes option.

Sometimes - I may get it in on the 360 instead to get achievement points.

Not one bit, i don't have a single trophy.

I voted "No" but I quite like Trophies. However, I would not let them, or the lack them influence whether or not I bought a particular game.

voted no.....its nice to pick them up and when they pop up on screen I'll nip along to see what its for...minesweeper on Warhawk made me giggle :D

Voted no too. If they there then I'll chase them but wouldn't buy a game just for them alone and wouldn't not buy a game if I was interested in the game but there weren't trophies. FIFA09 being an example. PES09 will have trophies I think, but I'd rather play FIFA.

I wouldn't say influence, maybe hasten. I meant to pick up uncharted since i got the PS3 but never did, when it got trophies i put it to the top of the list.
Same for burnout and bioshock, would of got them eventually but trophies bumped them up.

As soon as they were announced for Uncharted and Burnout I just stopped playing them so I could restart with Trophies. Same thing has happened with GTA4.

I wouldn't hunt down games specifically for them altho a tad disappointed Fifa'09 never got 'em :thumbsdow

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom