• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does this work?

panther100

Standard Member
New to the serious av world so just had a couple of questions regarding the receiver. Awaiting delivery of speakers so still can't test it out properly.
I've bought a denon avrx2000 receiver

1) I've plugged in the sky box into HDMI 1 and obviously got the out HDMI plugged into the teles HDMI ARC port. Now I know if I want to watch the sky box then I'm assuming the receiver needs to be on. The question is, if I turn the volume to 0 on the receiver will I still get audio from the teles speakers?? (Say for if I get up early for work and don't want to wake the rest of the house lol).

2) I've searched the web on how to connect the wii to the receiver and have found two solutions. I just wondered if you could confirm which one is correct??
A) audio Phonos into receiver and video into tele or
B) all plugged into receiver (however did read something about the receiver not upscaling)

Many thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If you get back early then just turn the AV receiver down. I find I can listen at lower volumes on the AVR than I can with the TV speakers due to the improved sound quality and clarity. Hence the AVR is the best solution either for quiet listening or loud blasting.
I believe the X2000 does upconversion so you could have the component cable direct to the receiver and then this will convert it to the HDMI output. I would not worry about upscaling in the receiver since you TV will upscale as well if not better anyway. You could have the video element going direct to the TV if you wanted but there should be no need.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom