1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean my TV can't display hi-res?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Slinkoff, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi

I've got my Media Center working but after ages of playing around the best fitted desktop I can find is at 640 x 430p. When I switch to a hi-res like 1080p my TV can display it but it is massively overscanned, like a virtual desktop so that when I move the mouse to the edges of screen it scrolls the desktop around.

Does this mean my TV isn't actually capable of displaying the resolution properly? I thought the higher the resolution the smaller everything gets, in my case it just gets bigger and bigger with a smaller area of the desktop fiting on the screen

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9600SE and I'm using the latest Catalyst drivers.

Thanks
    Slink

2. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I would say that your TV cannot take Hi Res

3. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    What TV? How have you connected it?

4. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    it's a panasonic CRT TX-36PL32, nothing in the manual or online about what it can display.

I'm connecting it via the ATI DVI-Component dongle (VGA-Scart isn't an option for me). I've got all the modes on the dongle enabled.