1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does This Mean I cant Take it Back etc?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Anastie, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi again all. i still have "Pre delivery nerves" about my 36" PD30. So I contacted Sound and Vision who I ordered it from and paid for two weeks ago on MasterCard. Asking them if I did not like the TV, found it faulty E.G. the complaints in these forums on PQ etc or indeed decided to change my order to a PF2 before the delivery in a couple of weeks where do I stand and they sent me <a href="http://www.soundandvision.uk.com/terms.html" target="_blank">this link</a>
    Does it mean that I cant change my mind, send it back if not happy etc.
    Please advise.
    Thanks

2. mammoth

mammoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to disapoint you:nono:, but when you agree to buy something you make a contract that is legally binding and you have no rights to change your mind just because you dont like it.
    However, if when you bought the product you asked if you could exchange it (and have it in writing) then they have to honour it.
    Goods have to be fit for that purpose that you bought it for and if that product is faulty you can ask for a refund.:lesson:
    Retailers are under no obligation to refund or swap goods just because you dont like them, a lot will so that you will continue to do business with them in the future:lesson:
    I hope this will help forum members who find themselves in the same situation.

3. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just want to put my pennies worth in...

In my humble opinion - sound and vision are crap. poor after sales service.

had to get it off my chest.

that's it.

4. fancyabrew

fancyabrew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  5. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    a company not metioning any names ^ took 5 weeks to deposit a refund back in to my account. 5 weeks and about twenty phone calls. shocking

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Unfortuately, whilst the legal position IS as described in fancyabrew's post, and CANNOT be waived by retailers' own terms and conditions, in practice it can be quite problematic with the less co-operative retailers. People often have to resort to Trading Standards and/or other 'official' bodies to get their rights honoured. And in any case, you DO remain liable for the cost of return shipping (I'm not as sure about outward shipping, but S&V quote that this is 'free so I guess they'd have difficulty justifying charging you for it). I suspect (based only on other's reported experiences) that you may experience a delay and/or difficulty with this particular outlet.

7. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    According to this from further on in the OFT site you're not liable for the cost of return if they haven't informed you when you made the order, but then I'd expect that it will probably be under the T&C's (how many people bother reading them though?)

8. SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to clarify, you have 7 days from receiving in which you can decide to send it back, if they inform you of your right to under the DSR 2000. If they decide not to tell you or are simply too stupid to know about the regulations you have 28 days (or maybe one calendar month, can't quite remember). you must take reasonable care of the goods. The only way they're allowed not to make a full refund is if they specify (in the contract) that you must return the goods to them if you choose to cancel the contract, and you don't return the goods or you try to insist they collect at their expense. Otherwise you can tell them they have to collect the goods at their own expense at a time reasonably convenient to you. If the contract could be repudiated under other legislation eg Sale of Goods Act they have to make a full refund. They must refund you as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 days.