Does this DVD play VCD and/or SVCD

G

Grazman

Hi everyone, :hiya:

Does anyone know whether the Toshiba sd210e plays VCD and/or SVCD format?

:beer:

Graham

KraGorn

Novice Member
Hi :hiya:

Not sure where all the SD210E owners are ;), reading a couple of web ads. for these they both said (presumably using the same Tosh-prepared text) 'plays most Video CDs' so I'm guessing that means the formats you mention.

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
I believe it plays VCD, but when playing SVCD it had lip synch problems. This is from memory, my old 210 is in my sons bedroom now.

Keith Hurst

bonzobanana

When I had a 330 that also had lipsync problems, I don't think Toshiba were interested in ever fixing this problem.

G

Grazman

Thank's ppl, especially KraGorn who I'd personally like to dedicate the following smiley to :hiya:

Cheers folks

Graham

MarkE19

Well checking the SD210e Here it is stated as playing VCD & SVCD. One person reported lip sync problems, but this was on VCD not SVCD.
All the reports are from people that have actually got the DVD player and not just a company stating that their player can do this & that when in the real world it can't.

Mark.

KraGorn

Novice Member
You know I've been visiting that site nearly every day for a looong time and never knew that page existed. :eek:

MarkE19

Yeh, its a great page for finding out what a DVD player can and can't do. I use it all the time when people ask if their DVD player can play certain types of disc. As I said, its not just Toshiba etc claiming the player works with a certain disc, but actual users who have tried the discs.

Mark.

nsherin

Novice Member
I know the 220E will - my parents have one which I specifically chose for them, as they needed VCD/SVCD support. No problems with it so far. I tried to buy one myself, but couldn't find a multi-region version anywhere near where I live, so went for a Pio DV-350 - another excellent player that does VCD/SVCD.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom