Does the US PS3 really have a 100-240 transformer?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by inkinoo, Dec 22, 2006.

1. inkinoo

inkinoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Hi,

I am currently in the USA and have just managed to pick up a PS3 60gb version. The sticker on the outside says 120v but I have just read the FAQs and it says that it has a 100-240V transformer inside.

Could someone please confirm they have a PS3 with the same sticker as me and it does have a 100-240v transformer insider.

Thanks,

G

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    All PS3's Japanese or US are multivoltage and just require a 3 or 5 amp kettle power lead. Mine is a US model which has the US voltage on the outside but I have plugged it directly into the mains without a stepdown transformer using the above mentioned kettle lead. FYI, if you did a search there are several threads that go into this subject and state that it has already been confirmed. No real need to start a new thread on the subject.

3. fishfash

fishfash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I Opened up my US PS3, as it is sick, and I can confirm I saw on the power unit that it says 110 - 240 V 50/60 HZ.

4. inkinoo

inkinoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I did search and none said it says "120v" on the outside but is actually 120-240. Even the FAQ is unclear about it.

And not wishing to be rude, unless you are a moderator don't tell me what threads I can or can not start.

5. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Obviously you didn't search hard enough as I did one a couple of days ago for myself and found several on the subject. And I wasn't telling you not do anything just suggesting that threads on the subject do exist and that a search would have brought them up. No I'm not a moderator but there are too many people starting new threads on subjects that threads already exist on and it just tends to clutter up the forums. Doing a proper search would prevent this.