1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Tosh 36ZP18Q TV have prog scan?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pixel, Apr 26, 2003.

1. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes or no?

Plus what is the difference between the "P" and "Q" verson...and was there a "B" verson?

2. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plus if it has'nt my DVD player has does the TV need it to be able to turn it on for the DVD?

3. Rojo

Rojo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The pq18's don't have progressive scan capability. The new Picture Frame 2 sets do. Whether it is able to accept PAL or just NTSC a la the Strata range is undetermined at the moment. I suspect NTSC only.

I don't think the TV (pq18) will accept a progressive (NTSC only) signal from a DVD player. The new picture frame sets have a inbuilt deinterlacer which enables them to display a picture "pseudo" progressively in normal TV viewing and display a pure progressive signal from a DVD player's own (NTSC) output.

The Q version is a slightly updated model (remote, text facilities - the question was asked and answered by John Archer in the latest Home Cinema Choicemagazine) but essentially the same TV.

I think the difference between P and B refers to European or British. Again seems to be very little, if any, difference in terms of function or facilities.

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Forum member " Mambo " say it 100% definitely does, Toshiba say it 100% definitely does not.
    We will soon know who's right ! :)

5. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the "Q" verson where can I find out if that has prog scan and what other facilities...it's too late to get Home Cinema Choice magazine as they don't sell it around here