Does the Sony DTR2400ES support ARC?

thisispaulsmith

Standard Member
Reaction score
Trying to setup my Sony 52EX703 TV with the above AV Reciever, and the TV is annoying always switching to output the audio from the reciever, then when you switch it back and then want to watch a BluRay you have to revert it back. Annoying to say the least.

I can't find out whether the STR-DA2400ES Supports the Audio Return Channel (ARC) to return the sound back to the reciever via HDMI, it's not working so I would have to guess no but I would have thought it should. I haven't got a spare optical cable to use that it would have been nicer over HDMI.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Last edited:
Only HDMI version 1.4 supports ARC (Audio Return Channel). The STRDA2400ES's HDMI interface is version 1.3 and therefore doesn't provide ARC support or provision.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I knew DAC looked wrong when I wrote that post, ARC now looks right :)

Is optical the only (or best) way to achieve this now?

Ok, thanks. I knew DAC looked wrong when I wrote that post, ARC now looks right :)

Is optical the only (or best) way to achieve this now?

Optical would be the best option open to you if trying to get a audio signal from the TV to the amp. Use the TV's optical out to the amp's TV optical in. Press TV on he amp's remote when you want audio sourced via the TV to be output via the amp. The only advantage gained by ARC would be the need for just one cable between the amp and the TV. The vast majority of people are currently using two cables because HDMI 1.4 and ARC are still relatively new innovations and not yet widespread. You gain very little except for the need for only one cable rather than two.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom