does the r1 film "day after tomorrow" flag as dts es on anyones amp?

paul1672

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi there all.
i'm looking for someone to confirm for me if their region one version of "the day after tomorrow" flags as dts es when using a 7.1 amp???
the reason i ask is that i have a pioneer vsx-d2014i 7.1 a/v receiver and it actually flags as dts+neo:6 and not dts es.
i thought it might be my a/v receiver so put in star wars and it still flagged as digitel ex so i can't see how it can be a faulty amp.
so,if anyone out there would be so kind as to let me know (especially if they have the same amp as me) i'd be most grateful.

:oops:
i have worked out what was wrong.
it was actually the audio settings in the dvd player that threw everything out.
all fixed now
:clap:
cheers for looking in
paul1672

i feel really stupid now as i tried to watch "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" lasy night and i had exactly the same problem,i then went into the dvd player menu,changed a setting and it changed.
i then noticed that what i actually did was change the surround sound to digital 5.1 so it came up as "thx ex" which meant i'd changed it from dts to digital 5.1.
so it appears i still can't get the amp to do "dts es" so,if anyone out there at all can confirm for me if they too get the same response i'd be most grateful.
sorry to trouble you all.
paul1672

Eternal Sunshine is not in DTS:ES which is probably why you can't select it, its only in Matrix 6.1. Do you own either of the extended LOTR's or Se7en as these are in DTS:ES.

unfortunately i don't own either of these discs.
having said that i have seen on a thread a few pages back a link to a website that lists dts-es films and i have blade 2 which is on the list.
i've just tried it and hey presto "ES DISCRETE" in all its glory.
phew,at least i know the amp aint buggered.
weird thing is though i feel pretty sure the vsx-d2011 amp used to still display dts-es when activating the surround rear speakers even if the disc wasn't flagged as being so and i just assumed the 2014i is just an update of the 2011???
i am sure i've never seen "dts + neo:6" displayed before when i owned the 2011 so i just assumed the 2014i would be the same.but my friend will be back from the u.s.a in a couple of weeks and he still owns a 2011 so i'm going to check the above mentioned films just to satisfy my curiosity.
anyhow,i guess it's just something i'll have to get used to.
thanks for the info anyway.
paul1672

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom