Does the product I need exsist?? Please help

Mickey123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am more than happy with my 5.1 front room setup.

I now wish to expand my system to other rooms in the house. (because us humans are never happy with what we have got and always want more by our nature.) ;)

IE I am listerning to a CD over my 5.1 front room system but the wife who also wants to listen is cooking like a good northern wife in the kitchen.:eek:
Is it possible to have the same sound the front room has extended to the kitchen? Natrually only stereo would be necessary

Mickey:thumbsup:

There are loads of amps with a second zone facility,especially if you are sticking to 5.1 in your main listening area.
How much are you able to spend?
Edit: Sorry didn't read your post properly:oops: .What set-up do you have at the moment?

Sorry didn't read your post properly

Made sence to me what you said or did you delete?

I have 3 x canton 50's
a big ass canton sub
two teeny weeny canton speakers for the surround
:D

I run them off an amp im not too fussed about replacing.

Budget - erm about £350 max or is that too low anything recomendable?

For £350 you could easily get what you're after.
I paid £300 for my Pioneer 1015 which does exactly what you need,very good value amp,in my opinion (although it has been replaced by the 1016 now :rolleyes: )
Don't quote me on this but I think most 7.1 amps have the option to use the surround backs for a second zone.
Will have a look about for you and post back some options.

My current amp is a pioneer,

Ill just look and get the model number. You know, I should put all this gear into a signiture sometime to save time.

......And Im back, It a Pioneer VSX C402.

I only got this model as you can put three SCARTs into one. A feature that is no longer needed anymore.

Well I had a quick look around and it seems it's not as common as I thought.
I know for a fact it can be done with a Pioneer 1015,and older Denons(i.e. 3803,3805) which you may get second hand for around your budget.
I would definitley recommend the 1015,it measures up,power-wise,favourably against a Denon 3803,but if you could get a 3805 that maybe a better bet.

Joffy u a fellow geordie? washington??

Thanks for advice fella. Ill look into it and tell you what I decide.

Ive noticed most of the threads here are deserted.

IE post on the Plasma or Games section and your flooded with replies. You get one person answering here and over a weekend too. Have I forgot to put my deoderent on again :D

Mickey123 said:
Joffy u a fellow geordie? washington??

IE post on the Plasma or Games section and your flooded with replies. You get one person answering here and over a weekend too. Have I forgot to put my deoderent on again :D

:rotfl: I don't have a smellovision monitor,so couldn't say.
Was actually gonna say that your question would probably get more replies in the integrated/receiver forum.

BTW I actually support Everton,but have had season tickets at both Roker Park and The Stadium Of Light.I actually went to St.James' to see PSV the other week as my nephew is a mag,I still feel dirty :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: .
Hope this doesn't put you off taking my advice.:D

NAD T753 will do same thing as well. (funnily enough friend of mine is selling one via this forum and it's going for £300 atm. I won't post linkage for fear of spamming). Shame it's collection only really.

2nd zone, source can be independent of zone 1
2nd zone is amplified too.
Check with NAD to be sure, but that's what my manual seems to show. Comes with Zone2 remote too.

Dan.

Hi all and thanks for replies, appreciated.

Ive been thinking, can't you just network amps together as many times as you need?

I mean, how would I go about doing this if I had a 100 bedroom house (I havent by the way;) )

EDIT - seems as all my music comes from my PC via my networked 360 and then is output into the amps optical input, can't you just get a device that takes your optical signal and splits it into say 3+ outs?
With the signal being digital would this really be a prob? Certainly the quality should not degrade the sound and I'd just buy a second amp for the second optical cable and speakers?

EDIT 2 - Would these do?

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SP001.html

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Del...tter_33712/Digital_Optical_Splitter_33712.htm

EDIT 3 - Hey all, Im confident this will do what I need. Going to start a new thread now to highlight my new needs from the new amp Ill need, many thanks - Mickey

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom