Does the Panny 37pe30 work with pa20 stand?

Will of course let you know what they say. Have fun!

Noel / Alltorque,
I have been reading this thread with great interest, as I have ordered the 37" viera from www.techtronics.com, and awaiting delivery soon as well.

I am also waiting for ANYWHERE that has the pedestal stand - I am tempted to order it off of www.unbeatable.co.uk as it is £99.99 delivered, and they reckon they will have them in within a fortnight ( yeah, right).

When it does come, can you let me know what RGB Scarts, etc... you set it all up with, and whether you are impressed with the TV or not - Hope I've ordered a good one !!!!!!!

Sean..........

Sean,

I've got the 42 inch Viera and it's great. I use component from DVD and RGB scart from Sky+ and the picture is excellent. I got my stand from Crampton and Moore for about £150.

Cheers,

Noel.

Thanks Noel,
Cheers for the response mate - so when it comes, should I get a component to component lead from tv to dvd player (sony davs-888), and then scart to scart from tv to ntl cable box ??

Would this be best set up ????

Sorry, but I am not that technical........

Sean........

Seanjackdan said:
Thanks Noel,
Cheers for the response mate - so when it comes, should I get a component to component lead from tv to dvd player (sony davs-888), and then scart to scart from tv to ntl cable box ??

Would this be best set up ????

Sorry, but I am not that technical........

Sean........
If the DAVS-888 has component out, I guess it must do, then you can connect this to the component in (AV4C) on the Viera. I have ntl cable and this is connected to my TV via AV2S as my ntl digibox outputs an S-video signal being an early release. If your ntl box is a later version then it should output an RGB signal which can be plugged into AV1RGB of the Viera.

I also have the 37" Viera and I'm very pleased with the picture. I'm still in the 'burn in' period at the moment but even with brightness/contrast/colour lowered to below par values the picture is great. Should be stunning after I've had a play with the Digital Video Essentials DVD disc ;) :D

S.

Thanks Steve for your reply.......

I will do as you suggest then, can I just confirm that with the TH37 - PE30:

AV1 - TV to NTL cable - RGB scart
AV2 - TV to Video Recorder - Scart
AV3 - TV to DVD-E55 DVD Recorder - Scart
AV4 - TV to Sony DAVS 888 DVD Player - Component

Thanks........ Sean!!!!!!!

Seanjackdan said:
Thanks Steve for your reply.......

I will do as you suggest then, can I just confirm that with the TH37 - PE30:

AV1 - TV to NTL cable - RGB scart
AV2 - TV to Video Recorder - Scart
AV3 - TV to DVD-E55 DVD Recorder - Scart
AV4 - TV to Sony DAVS 888 DVD Player - Component

Thanks........ Sean!!!!!!!
Err not quite...

AV3 on the Viera only covers the front mounted sockets that are hidden under the front flap, a choice of:
- composite, AV3 (single yellow RCA phono plug + left & right stereo sound), or
- S-video, AV3S (small round 4 pin din plug), or
- PC computer input, AV3PC (15 pin VGA D-sub connector)

AV3 can only be used on a temporary basis as all connectors are front mounted. This has been one of the major criticisms levelled at the Viera's design.

I think you may have to invest in a SCART switching block if you have 4 units that need a permanent connection, or...

Another solution that might work is to have both the E55 and DAVS888 sharing AV4 at the back. The E55 plugs into AV4 via SCART (AV4RGB) whereas the DAVS888 plugs into AV4 via component (AV4C). I'm not sure whether you could use both units simultaneously as you actually toggle the screen to the input of choice using the colour buttons on the remote. Also the screen takes it's sound input for the component signal via the SCART socket but this should not be an issue for you as you're already using the DAVS888 as your surround sound system.

Hope that makes sense!!

S.

p.s. Apologies to AllTorque for going :offtopic:

Thanks all for the reply ........

AllTorque - did you ever bother getting your gold screws for the PA20 stand, or are you happy with the 2 "short" screws.

Only reason I ask, is that I am getting fed up waiting for the PX20 pedestal stand, and now tempted to get the PA20 pedestal stand instead ( if I can find one), or should I hold out till September for the PX20 .... ( doing my head in ) !!!!!!!

Sean !!!!!!!!!!

Hiya Mate,

The screen is solid as a rock on the stand without the extra bolts that are needed. I don't think I could lift it easily on my own, so can't see much chance of it falling over. Then, if it did fall over, would it really matter whether it was bolted to the stand or not? I imagine it would be knackered whatever happens.....

Not getting the bolts at the moment....

The PA20 stand looks much nicer as well I think, and if you get it from Crampton and Moore, you get the bolts anyway. I got it from Shop@Panasonic at Horsham for the great price of £127 and free delivery (Here ). Depends if you're a cheapskate like me.....

thanks very much mate, I think i will go for the PA20 then, but maybe wait till plasma turns up.

My viera 37" panny still hasn't turned up yet, I ordered it from techtronics for £2349 inc multi region e55 dvd recorder thinking it was a bargain at that price, now I have read on here the reputation of techtronics, and starting to panic a bit !!!

Sean........

Hi Alltorque,

Just to close the loop, I got this lightning response :D from Panasonic this morning (in reply to my query on Monday).....

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry. Unfortuntely, we do not have an
instruction manual.

In response, I would confirm that the Screw (part number XYN5+F30FZ) is
available for purchase through our Customer Care Centre on 08705 357357 or
on-line through our website http://www.panasonic.co.uk:

- click on Buy-On-Line then click on "Shop for Accessories, put the part
number or model number in the search box and click on go.

The recommended retail price is £0.45 and there would be a postage and
packing fee on a total order.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However,
of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate
to contact us on 08705 357357 or [email protected] and we will
endeavour to assist.

Customer Support

As you are no doubt aware, the bolts are only useful in holding the thing together if you pick it up, but at least you now know where to go (guilt slightly appeased)......

Enjoy your TV :smashin:

Cheers Noel - very kind of you! You can sleep more easily now I hope? ;-)

I will be purchasing forthwith..... (when I get back from Rhodes!)

Marc

Last week I received my Panasonic 37 inch Viera and couldn't be happier with the TV, it is outstanding! Highly recommended :thumbsup:

I opted for the TY-ST42PA20 pedestal stand as the original TX stand for the Viera wasn't available anywhere until at least November (what did Panasonic do, produce 10 of these stands and then forgot to keep up with sales?)

My TH37PA30 Panny sits very solidly on the TY-ST42PA20 stand and I'm quite happy with the design of this stand. The screws didn't fit, the long screws some of you mention were not included. I don't mind, the TV is solid on the stand, the screws are not really needed (just remember the stand is not screwed on if you have to move the TV)

However: Even though my Viera stands rock solid on the TY-ST42PA20 stand, it doesn't rest the flat bottom of the TV on the stand itself. If you look from behind, there's about 6-7 mm of space between the TV and the stand. The TV is resting on the small base of the pegs.

Is this normal, does anyone else have this stand with the 37 inch Viera?

Like I said, not really worried cos it's rock solid on the stand, just want to know if this is normal.

EDIT: attached a picture that shows my Viera and the pa20 pedestal stand from the front (sorry about the bad quality, picture taken with my phone)

Attachments

• 37viera_on_pa20_stand.jpg
    37viera_on_pa20_stand.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 79
Flemming Bo said:
...I opted for the TY-ST42PA20 pedestal stand as the original TX stand for the Viera wasn't available anywhere until at least November (what did Panasonic do, produce 10 of these stands and then forgot to keep up with sales?)...
What on Earth are Panasonic playing at??? :suicide: I thought this issue had died at the end of August. :confused: This really beggars belief. :rotfl: :rolleyes: I originally waited a month for my stand to turn up before having to call in favours and finally get the PX20 stand, otherwise if left to Panny I would have had a TV on 1 Jul and the stand on 27 Aug. :thumbsdow As it was I got the TV 1 Jul and the stand 4 Aug. :mad:

Anyways I wish you luck getting your PA20 stand sorted, I'm sure the other guys who have one will answer your question soon. In the meantime have you tried taking the plasma off the stand, reseating the vertical poles and then re mounting the plasma to try erradicate the gap? I thought the PA20 stand was meant to be as good a fit as the PX20 stand and there's no gaps on mine.

S.

Steve_P said:
In the meantime have you tried taking the plasma off the stand, reseating the vertical poles and then re mounting the plasma to try erradicate the gap? I thought the PA20 stand was meant to be as good a fit as the PX20 stand and there's no gaps on mine.

S.

Thanks for your reply Steve. The poles on the stand are already reseated the way they're supposed to be for the 37 inch and I can't seem to eliminate the gap no matter what. The poles are at least 1.5 mm too wide on each side for the TV to fully "bottom out" on the stand - hope that made sense :)

Btw I'm in Copenhagen, Denmark, so Panasonic might have sorted out delivery for the PA30 stand in the UK - but certainly not here, was told (by Panasonic Denmark) they couldn't deliver until at least November.

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I am really hoping someone will have an answer to my question 3 posts above this one?

anyone else have a 37" viera and the pa20 stand who can answer my question?

Hello Flemming Bo,

I'm one of the people who has the bolts and I have the 42 inch Viera. I appear to have the same gap as you between the bottom of the stand and the TV, and the fact that the bolt holes lined up on mine suggest it's in the right place.

Hope this helps!

Noel.

Hi Noel - thanks, good to know that others have the same gap, that suggests that my TV is mounted the way it's supposed to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom