Does the LE40R51B tear?

dllord

I know that there are threads about tearing but i've never noticed anyone with the 40" version saying that they have the tearing problem, its always the 26" and 32" versions that get mensioned!

I'm going to get a LE40R51B for the end of next month and would like to know if anyone has the tearing problem on this model so that i can get the fix CD and cable as close to the time as my TV gets delivered, so as to have it fixed for the 360 on Dec 2nd.

Any genuine replies would be great!

thelurch

dllord said:
I know that there are threads about tearing but i've never noticed anyone with the 40" version saying that they have the tearing problem, its always the 26" and 32" versions that get mensioned!

I'm going to get a LE40R51B for the end of next month and would like to know if anyone has the tearing problem on this model so that i can get the fix CD and cable as close to the time as my TV gets delivered, so as to have it fixed for the 360 on Dec 2nd.

Any genuine replies would be great!
I have the 40" but as yet have not got the equipment needed to re create the tearing but having checked my TVs firmware and checked it with those listed on here it was more than evident that it would tear given the right conditions. So I called samsung having read up on here about it and managed to get the cd and cable sent to me ( still waiting to do the update as I still need a pc with serial!).

You will have to wait until the TV arrives to phone up for the cable/cd as they will ask you for the serial number amongst other things.

Its worth checking your firmware version as soon as you get the TV set up as you may be lucky and get one with the new firmware dated August 22nd, if its any earlier than that it will tear.

If you do have to phone samsung then work out what you are going to say first as various people on here have been given the third degree by their tech department and some have had to phone more than once to get the update.

dllord

Cheers for that! you're a star! :smashin:

Top Bottom