1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Kameleon 6 in 1 work with the Pioneer 434?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nujjy, Sep 24, 2004.

1. nujjy

nujjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, everybody.
    I bought a Pioneer PDP-434HDE plasma on Wednesday. I am just about to put it on top of my stand. The remote control was missing and so Currys (the place I bought it from) knocked off £80 from the price. They said I could pay £80 for a new one. I decided, however, to buy a One for All Kameleon 6 in 1 remote because it did look really cool.

I entered the remote code for Pioneer and it actually worked. However, I can only browse the terrestial channels and I cannot access any of the inputs. There is an 'AV' option on the remote, but that does not do anything. Any idea how to access Input 1/2/3/4, PC Input etc.? Because I really need to play and watch on it!!!

Thanks for any help,
    Nujjy.

2. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By entering the remote code for the Pioneer, it appears that the Kameleon just picked the basic Pioneer functions. The other functions of the Pioneer will have to be manually programmed onto the Kameleon. This means that you will still need the original remote for the PD-434HDE to do this. There is a section in the user manual of the kameleon which explains how to do this. You can either borrow the Pioneer remote to do this or end up buying one just to do this.

Moku

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    suggest you return the kameleon and buy a Harmony H 655 remote £150 download caodes and set up activities, allowing you to control upto 10 devices....