Does the Humax 9200 have 3 tuners?

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought that the Humax had the ability to record two programmes whilst watching a third live broadcast.

However my Dad was watching Ch5 for the UEFA football and then the box started to record ITV1 and BBC1 and he told me that it made him stop watching in order to record the 2 channels.

Is this right?

The Humax 9200T only has two tuners.

You can watch a third channel if it is on the same MUX as one of the two channels being recorded.

A MUX is a multiplex. Broadcasters combine channels into groups to save bandwidth and these are termed multiplexes...

I'm sure someone can give a pointer to the list of what channels are on which multiplex...

The Humax can access a second channel on a MUX that is already being accessed by one of the tuners. In some cases that means you are in effect getting three channels but it all depends upon the combination of Muxes and channels you want:)

Thanks everyone - I think my Dad thought he was going mad. Sometimes he could do it and sometimes he cannot.

Scapegoat said:
Thanks everyone - I think my Dad thought he was going mad. Sometimes he could do it and sometimes he cannot.

I have the same problem. Its caused by age. Now what about his Humax?

son_t said:
The Humax 9200T only has two tuners.

You can watch a third channel if it is on the same MUX as one of the two channels being recorded.

A MUX is a multiplex. Broadcasters combine channels into groups to save bandwidth and these are termed multiplexes...

I'm sure someone can give a pointer to the list of what channels are on which multiplex...

This record 2, watch one thing is good until you are watching a show on Timeshift and the box starts recording 2 programmed recordings and in order to do this it dumps the timeshifted portion of the show you are watching and jumps to the live broadcast....as I found out last night watching a film where I had paused about 15-20 mins, suddenly the recording alert pops up and I am jumped ahead. What annoyed me is that the series it was trying to record had finished a few weeks back and I had forgotten to delete the weekly schedule

Damon

Yes that happened to me the other week too. Yes it's crap and annoying...
The way that Humax can fix this is to alert and give the option of either stopping the schedualed recording or lose the buffer before the recording is made... But Humax have enough bug fixes to do on their hands already...

son_t said:
Yes that happened to me the other week too. Yes it's crap and annoying...
The way that Humax can fix this is to alert and give the option of either stopping the schedualed recording or lose the buffer before the recording is made... But Humax have enough bug fixes to do on their hands already...

Exactly what i though should happen.
The older 8000T used to alert you before recording and changing channel on you to give you the option a few seconds before...that was probably due to having only one tuner though.

Damon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom