does the fog affect your camera or lens ???

beachy

probably a bit of a daft question :rolleyes: , but i'm going to ask anyway just for piece of mind, does the fog have any detrimental affect on your camera or len's with the condensation getting on them.

h4rri

probably a bit of a daft question :rolleyes: , but i'm going to ask anyway just for piece of mind, does the fog have any detrimental affect on your camera or len's with the condensation getting on them.

Fog wouldn't it's more condensation which is built up by moving kit from warm to cold environments such as from a nice warm house by the radiator to the cold outside.

senu

Distinguished Member
Fog ..No
Condensation ..Yes

Many camcorders have a condensation sensor that will not allow you use them until their interiors are "dry" to protect the electronics. As stated above it is not the cold ( or warmth) as such but the rapid change from warm to cold ( or vice versa) that brings on the condensation

Having said that It has happened to me a few times and Im yet to see any detrimental effect on the lenses ...yet. but certainly the Images were unusable

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom