1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the EU sound law affect mobile phones with MP3 players too?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I was wondering... This stupid EU law which limits the volume of portable music players... Does it also affect mobile phones which have MP3 players built in as standard?

We all know the problem regarding the Sony NW-HDx series, and how that can be overcome by entering a secret menu and altering the volume, but can the same be done on certain mobile phones?

I have an S700i, and whilst my NW-HD3 is away at Sony being repaired (That's another story!), I have been relegated to using my phone on the go. I was out and about yesterday afternoon, on my way to the pub, and I noticed that the volume seems incredibly quiet, same as the HD3 was before I unrestricted it...

It could just be the crappy S700i headphones which come with it, but something tells me that it has also been limited the same as the HDx's have been.

Can this (Or any other) phone be unrestricted to get a higher volume???

2. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,772
    You can unrestrict it, but only if sign a waiver that others in society do not have to pay for your disability fund and that you will be self funding in healthcare, no more 'free' NHS anywhere in Europe, no E111 and your driving license will be revoked if you had one.... ;-)