• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DOES THE EG960V HAVE HDMI 2.0 YES OR NO?!?

AVRAG

According to multiple sources and comments in these forums, I was led to believe that this model does not have HDMI 2.0 and therefore will not support HDR in the future physically.

Now the AVForums review of this TV states that it DOES have HDMI 2.0, so I am really confused...
"All of the connections are at the rear left of the panel and consist of three HDMI 2.0 inputs..."

LG 55EG960V (EG960) Ultra HD 4K OLED TV Review

Can someone PLEASE clear this up for me so I know whether to get this or the EG920V

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

RAG

dr no

960v isn't compatible with 4K Bluray HDR
It will handle streaming HDR only

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
It has hdmi 2.0 but you need hdmi 2.0a for HDR compatability via the hdmi sockets

vaktmestern

Banned
According to multiple sources and comments in these forums, I was led to believe that this model does not have HDMI 2.0 and therefore will not support HDR in the future physically.

Now the AVForums review of this TV states that it DOES have HDMI 2.0, so I am really confused...
"All of the connections are at the rear left of the panel and consist of three HDMI 2.0 inputs..."

LG 55EG960V (EG960) Ultra HD 4K OLED TV Review

Can someone PLEASE clear this up for me so I know whether to get this or the EG920V

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

RAG

Easy Get the 950 not the curved ones

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom