Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

does the E85 have herringbone prob?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuewoz1, May 12, 2004.

1. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a panasonic E50 and am looking at the E85 because of the HDD and low price.
    My E50 seems to produce a herringbone problem which has been discused before but I can't get rid of it.
    Any E85 owners seen it?

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    Not seen it on my E85.

3. cuewoz1

cuewoz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    good

4. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    by herringbone, I guess you mean interference? My Toshiba CRT PictureFrame has scart connections to my new E85, old Panasonic VCR and an NTL digital Pace 2000 box. All work fine without any interference whatsoever.

You can manually alter the RF output of the E-85 if you need to, but I can't image many folk connecting solely through RF when there's RGB SCART, s-video and Component video output on the box.

5. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the e60 and the e55 while that is repaired. Both produce a horrible herringbone effect. I've set the input signal to channel 00, and removed the aerial but it's still there. I know only use it for recording and watch movies through my e75.

I can't imagine they have cleared the problem on the e85!

6. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    What's your RF output set to? On previous equipment (and not using SCART connections) I used to get a "herringbone" effect if the RF output on a VCR was set too close to the frequency used by a terrestrial channel. With Crystal Palace broadcasts, setting RF ouput up into the 60s elminated the effect (CP's range being 20 -40).

Other than that I can't offer much help, as my E85 hasn't got the problem at all.