1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Buffy set have bad sound/picture?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by h0l1yw0od, Jan 12, 2001.

1. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've read/heard that there is a fault on the first disk with the sound being only the left channel or something. [​IMG]

Can someone whos got it tell me if it's true or not. Is the set worth getting? Is the picture bad too?

I've read HCC review but they don't mention it but i've heard the rumour too many times in too many places to dismiss it.

------------------
    "Can we blow up the Earth?"

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I've got the set, and I love it. I think there was a problem on one of the disks with the soundtrack being in stereo, rather than pro-logic, which is what the rest of the episodes are. I have to stick my hand up and say that I didn't notice. I'd recommend it, especially to a fan.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hollywood,

Apologies for the inaccurate spelling of your monicker there! :) I was the person who mentioned about the problem with the R2 "Buffy" boxed set! On Episode 3 and 4 of Disc 1, the sound is in regular stereo, and has lost the "central" (?) sound channel. I don't know why this is, and I have tried contacting Fox about this problem, but they don't seem too bothered.

I have the Pioneer 626D DVD player. Has anyone else noticed this problem? It's not a major thing, but it's annoying, especially when only two episodes are affected, but the rest are all fine.

Pooch

4. The Fitz

The Fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah The Picture quality on the first two seasons is Poor ( Grain City ) Season 3 however looks so much better than the last 2 . I love Buffy but only a few people have picked up on the Poor picture quality. Sorry but its about par with a fair VHS copy - Very very Grainy in dark scenes . Sorry all you vampire slayers but if they were to remaster the first two seasons you would have to go out and buy them to replace your old ones. Somebody please do it. :rolleyes:

5. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    If I remember correctly, the main reason for the quality of series 1 + 2 not being great was the original film stock. It wasn't filmed on 35mm (Joss's budget couldn't cope at the time), but rather on 16 or even possibly 8. I don't think there's much that can be done about that, short of a MAJOR clean-up operation, and, this being a TV show set, I can't see that happening.

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,410
    Owning all the availbale Buffy and Angel DVD box sets I have to say that they are one of the few things in a big collection were the quality of picture and/or sound is something I dont notice.

The consistant quality of each episode and some of the best written lines in years make all of them very enjoyable.

Only a couple of months til Angel season two :D