1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the AE500 output a prog. scan or interlaced image ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nwgarratt, Jan 12, 2005.

1. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,871
    AFAIK, the AE500 has a deinterlacer so you can either set the progressive in the DVD player to off and switch on the progressive in the AE500, or leave the progressive on in the DVD player and feed a progressive signal to the AE500.

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If this PJ is fed an Interlaced signal in RGB, will it output a progressive picture on the screen or will it keep it Interlaced, and can this be set anywhere ?

Thanks for your responses.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All digital display devices (LCD, DLP etc.) only display progressive images. If fed an interlaced signal, they will automatically deinterlace.

If fed a progressive signal, the display's internal deinterlacer is bypassed.

:smoke:

4. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks Kramer

Can anyone tell me ( and i have asked this question before ) if there is any chance that i can get a movie like the Haunted Castle (Imax 3D version DVD) and similar 3D movies to work with a projector. I know there is the issue with Progressive scan devices, but maybe someone knows of a system that might work. :rolleyes:

I'm not looking for the SHREK 3D or those type of 3D movies that you can use with the RED/CYAN glasses. I need to get a system that will work with the LCD Shutter glasses and SYNC box using a projector or plasma.

Anyone that has more knowledge about this ? :lesson:

Thanks

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871

dont know if this helps, but i have a a300 and feed it a progressive image,a while back i had spy kids 3d with the 3d glasses and it worked very well with the projector, the 3d effect was very good

6. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ive not been able to get page flipped 3d to work with my ae500, despite it being able to accept and output a 60hz image i couldnt get it to synch correctly with my glasses.

Roll on the future...Jim Cameron is talking about every cinema having 4k digital projectors working in tandem to give passive polarised 3d :)

groovy!

pez