1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the 3800 fix the artifact problems of the 2800

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by peteS, Aug 11, 2002.

1. peteS

peteS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is talked about in the long running 2800 thread, but I was interested in peoples specific opinions. I'd like to stay with Denon for ergonic reasons (I have a 3802 etc.) but the artifacts are beginning to get me down. I can put up with just region 2 for a while (I'm sure it won't be long b4 someone hacks the chroma bug fix firmware), so my question is - Assuming I can flog my 2800 to someone else who'll notice the artifacts less than I do (on my 42" plasma) is it worth buying a 3800 - does it fix the problems? I've owned other Denon stuff over the years and always been really pleased with it, and I love the 3802, so the problems with the 2800 are really getting me down.

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I guess you've already read my opinions on the other thread, but I would say 'yes'. If you can find a buyer for your 2800 the change is worth it.

Ian Guinan

3800 into 3801..makes a nice pair.

3. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    petes,

i can understand why you want to have all denon products,because that's how i felt.
    but arfter 3 faulty 2800 dvd player's i thought is it worth it for names sake......NO.
    so in the end i bought the toshiba SD900E, and not one artifact in sight.
    one thing did suprise is that the tosh can play DVD-R & DVD-RW but the manual say's it can't :)

i do hope that if you go for the new 3800 it works without problems.

dvd