Does taking out multiroom tie you into a new contract?

GreasyWeasel

I currently have Sky+ and like many other here am waiting to see how much Sky HD is. I have cabled up a second room myself (whilst having it built) and want to take out multiroom. I have an old standard Sky box and was wondering if I took out a multiroom subscription using my existing hardware rather than getting new kit from Sky would I then be signing into a new contract? I want to be able to upgrade to HD when it's released, as long as it's not too expensive, so don't want to be tied into a 12 month contract.

Anybody?

the_sanguine

Novice Member
What happens is you put multiroom into an outbuiling that's only use at weekends and hence the power is switched off during the week to the digibox?

Starburst

Novice Member
the_sanguine said:
What happens is you put multiroom into an outbuiling that's only use at weekends and hence the power is switched off during the week to the digibox?

If the box is switched off when SKY attempts to confirm it's presence then the test wil fail, fail enough times you get a warning letter then another then they will just bill you full price.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
multi room will tie you in to a new contract for 12 months, most likely HD will too.......also dont forget with multi room you need to have both boxes connected to phone lines at all times or you will be paying a bit more than £10 a month extra.......

if the other room is hardly likely to be used, you could always just move the box from one room to another when you need to....heh

the_sanguine

Novice Member
Starburst said:
If the box is switched off when SKY attempts to confirm it's presence then the test wil fail, fail enough times you get a warning letter then another then they will just bill you full price.

If I take out 2 multirooms, do they check each one?

Starburst

Novice Member
the_sanguine said:
If I take out 2 multirooms, do they check each one?

Of course, the whole point is to prevent people from distributing second (or third) subscriptions to friends and family or selling them.

the_sanguine

Novice Member
I thought so...it's just that I'm away in a motorhome all week an only switch the power on in the outbuilding at the weekend when I get back home.....;)

Starburst

Novice Member
the_sanguine said:
I thought so...it's just that I'm away in a motorhome all week an only switch the power on in the outbuilding at the weekend when I get back home.....;)

Well until you get a warning letter keep doing what you are doing, if they don't complain.....
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom