Does Sony HX510 loop through RGB in standby?

mtkite

Standard Member
Hi,

I am considering buying a Sony HX510, primarily to archive programs from my Thomson Freeview DVR or watch pre-recorded DVDs. My plan was to take the RGB capable SCART from the Thomson to the RGB input SCART on the HX510, then the RGB output SCART frrom the 510 to my TV (which only has one RGB capable SCART). Will the picture from the Freeview box be viewable as RGB on the TV if the HX510 is in standby? (I guess it should be but I know the 210 had an "issue" where this was not the case ...)

Other question, anyone know if the HX510 will record from the RGB source if both that source and the DVDR are set on timers to switch on and play/record respectively at a certain time?

Cheers,

Martin

johnmccoy

Standard Member
Yes - My HX510 is connected just like that, although to a Sky+ box and RGB is perfect. The HX510 only needs to be plugged in, not turned on. I haven't tried any timer recordings as I record everything onto the Sky+ first then copy over to DVD when I go to bed but I can't see why it would work any differently.

P

PeteTh

johnmccoy said:
Yes - My HX510 is connected just like that, although to a Sky+ box and RGB is perfect. The HX510 only needs to be plugged in, not turned on. I haven't tried any timer recordings as I record everything onto the Sky+ first then copy over to DVD when I go to bed but I can't see why it would work any differently.
I was jusy wondering how you copy from Sky+ to HX510 unattended ?
Doesn't the HX510 keep recording even when the program has finished ?
or do you set a timed record ?

johnmccoy

Standard Member
Yes - if you press the record button once it records for 8 hours, but if you kepp pressing it steps in 30min intervals, so I just give it enough presses to cover the length of the programme plus a bit. It is very easy and fast to cut the end off using the A-B delete tool. You can also use the Sky copy function to run of multiple programs overnight and then use the Sonys divide title tool to split the one big recording into separate titles.

Top Bottom