1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Sony HX510/710 Allow HDD Program Padding?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pbryanw, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Hi,

I'm interested in buying either the Sony HX510 or or the HX710 and was wondering if you can specify padding for programs recorded to the HDD. So, for example you record a half hour program at 7.00pm and want the recording to start at 6.55pm and end at 7.35pm so specify 5mins padding. Can you specify this automatically for all recordings made and not have to do it manually for every recording you make.

I have a Humax 8000T, which doesn't support this feature, and get bored of setting this manually each time I record a program so would love it if the Sony did it automatically.

Thanks, Val

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Anyone???

3. Chris at Home

Chris at Home

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony HX900 which can be set to record using the reference numbers in the TV guides and this usually works well. It starts on the PDC signal about 20 seconds before a programme begins and usually finishes as the next programme begins. On commercial stations this method serves up an extra dose of adverts after the programme ends! :(

You don't need the 5 minute overlap at each end as you stated because the PDC signal is flexible and works by programme start/finish information instead of real time. :)

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101