1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Sony have an online plan for PS3?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rob20, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    ...to counteract XBOX's 360's live. Just nothing at all has been said and it's certainly one aspect, (perhaps the only one), that XBOX 360 offers over PS3. However, if Sony were to introduce a cheap, reliable, online service similar to live, that would remove Microsoft's advantage and people would buy a PS3 over 360?

2. jedi-jae

jedi-jae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yep, Sony have made some indications in this area; They plan to make it an always online device, so long as your modem is on! So it will be in continual contact with the PS3 online world.

They've said they want developers to be able to make their own connections to their customers so they don't have to go through the Sony service to deliver content, unlike Xbox360 where everything goes through MS.

They have acknowledged that MS got it right with Live and it certainly sounds like they will be pushing their own version for online gaming, as well as offering realtime chat using eye toy, etc. Apparently there is a high definition eye toy on the cards.

So it's looking good for those that want to play online, PS3 will have a service to rival Xbox360 (hopefully!) I'm not that big an online gamer and I'm more interested in other exclusive content Sony might be able to offer.

3. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony just seem to have said basically that they ae going to have the same features as xblive.

I guess they are deconstructing ms's offering and are going to try and better it.

There silence suggests that they are still working on it though. I think they were caught on the hop a bit.