Does Sky hd come with a hdmi cable?

Reaction score
Do Sky install with a hdmi cable or component & how long are the cables?

...and the general recommendation is to not use it!

disagree, it's been well established over several threads on this site that for short 1-3 metre runs, expensive cables offer no discernable difference over cheap HDMI cables (its all digital, how can it degrade!). They only show their worth over long runs where cheaper cables can give sudden massive drop-offs.

Randell said:
disagree, it's been well established over several threads on this site that for short 1-3 metre runs, expensive cables offer no discernable difference over cheap HDMI cables (its all digital, how can it degrade!). They only show their worth over long runs where cheaper cables can give sudden massive drop-offs.

I think he meant due to the HDCP error, not because of the quality!

Ive been using mine since 22nd June on a Pioneer PDP-435FDE and my Samsung LCD upstairs with no probs at all. Why is this? I dont understand why this is happening on some and not others......

Randell said:

I was indeed referring to the HDCP issues.

I totally agree with you, however, that being digital, one HDMI cable can not give a better picture quality than another; in exactly the same manner that an expensive USB cable for your digital camera can not produce better pictures on your computer.

I will conceed that some HDMI cables are mechanically better manufatured and more durable than cheap cables, but a fully functioning cheap cable will produce exactly the same image and picture quality as a £100 cable.

kop1973 said:
Ive been using mine since 22nd June on a Pioneer PDP-435FDE and my Samsung LCD upstairs with no probs at all. Why is this? I dont understand why this is happening on some and not others......
Neither does anyone else on this forum, and that includes Sky & Pioneer. But at least the problem is being worked on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom