1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does size matter ? 434-XDE vs 505-XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by philgreeen, Jan 10, 2005.

1. philgreeen

philgreeen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

(I posted this on the LCD forum earlier so apologies for any duplication !!)

I have read various reviews and I'm looking to purchase the Pioneer PDP-nnn-XDE plasma but can't decide whether the 43 inch or the 50....

I have a lounge 22 feet long with the seating arranged such that the plasma will be approx 15 feet away, although other seating will be approx 6-8 feet away at a 90 degree angle.

Obviously this is a little subjective but has anyway got any views on the merits of the 43 vs 50 inch screens ??

Cheers !!

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I view my 50" MXE1 from about 12ft and it suits me fine...it really is a personal choice as you say but get too close and you start to see the image structure.

Also depends a little on what you will watch the most...if mostly TV type shows via Sky/Freeview then the 43" might be more suitable but if it will mainly be DVDs then the 50" might be better.

I would have thought your room could take the 50" though...just make sure you get one of the best seats.

Cheers, Lee

3. ScubaPro

ScubaPro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sit about 17ft from my plasma and am really glad I went for a 50" now, it looks perfect but I think a 42" would not give the big screen experience (projectors aside), so my advice would be get the 50 ", you know you want too !

4. EdwinB

EdwinB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you plan to use it mainly for watching films then I would go for the 50". On the other hand, if you rarely watch films and just like to watch tv shows then a 43" might be better.

Edwin