1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Sharp and Panasonic LCDs accept 720p and 1080i HD signals ??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MRJAZZ, Apr 16, 2003.

1. MRJAZZ

MRJAZZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I watch a lot of HD materials (720p, and 1080i), and I'd also like to watch on LCD TVs.

Does anyone know if Sharp AQUOS range (22" and 30"), and Panasonic 22" (both have component video input) accpet 720p, and 1080i signal ??

Thanks.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Not sure about inputs, but both these TVs have low resolution panels (848x480) so you wouldn't be gaining anything.

You might want to find out about the Samsung offerings (22 and 30 inchers) that have high-res panels. There is little or no web info about the 22, but there is some stuff about the 30. They share the same model numbers (aside from 22 or 30) so I guess the chassis are pretty much identical.

3. MRJAZZ

MRJAZZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nigel,

For HD, there's very big improvemement on even on 848x480 pixel displays, let alone higher res displays like 3840x2160 pixels in the future.. This is because.. like DVD, HD is 4:2:0 format.
    I've seen HD on the Sharp AQUOS Japanese 'domestic' model, 1080i blows DVD away... no comparison. :D

4. MRJAZZ

MRJAZZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the question is if European version accepts HD signals....:(