does ps3 upscale avi's

diggle

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all:hiya:

ive searched but i cant find nothing:rolleyes:

im jjust wondering does the ps3 upscale avi movies that are being streamed to i by tversity through the component hd cable:rolleyes:

thanks all:hiya:

hi all:hiya:

ive searched but i cant find nothing:rolleyes:

im jjust wondering does the ps3 upscale avi movies that are being streamed to i by tversity through the component hd cable:rolleyes:

thanks all:hiya:

Yes. Upscaling of HDD or Network streamed media was added in a firmware update mid 2008.

(Ps3 Media Server will do a better job than TVersity btw ;))

I assume it will output at whatever resolution you set it to. Certainly if you ran it through an AV system upscaling would occur if set to do so.

As I run my PS3 through an AV system I cannot verify if the native video stream is upscaled...

cool:cool:

so let me get this right. if i played the same avi in a dvd and on the ps3 would it look better on ps3:rolleyes:

Uridium is right, depends on your TV. Your PS3 would (probably) try to upscale to 1080p or i, but if your TV is 'HD Ready' then it would take a 1080i source and downscale itself to closer to 720...

Either way depends on your TV! If it supports 1080p output from the PS3 SHOULD be better...

cool thanks guys:thumbsup:

i just got my hd lead in the mail today i got to say my avis actually look quite good:clap:

e2a @ Uridium do you know if ps3 media server allows for movie cover art :rolleyes: i dont think tversity does i named a folder 1234 put movie and picture inside called 1234 it diddent show up on ps3

any ideas:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom