1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does NW-HD5 play all types of MP3?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by user10019, Jun 21, 2005.

1. user10019

user10019

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read a review on amazon.com that said the following, and wanted to know if this was true:

The new SONY player is beautiful ... and useless. Due to piracy concerns, the people at SONY decided to block all content from the player unless it is either 1) purchased from the SONY Connect music service, or 2) ripped directly from a CD using the player on which it will be played. So anyone (like me) who has ripped and stored thousands of legally purchased tunes -- even using SONY's own software -- will not be able to play their library on the new HD5 unless they re-rip all of their CDs again. Yeah, right... that's how I want to spend the next two weekends. I've owned a previous version of the SONY player for a couple of years, and I've loved it, telling many I-Pod'ers what a great piece of equipment it is. And, the new player is even better. Small, lightweight, beautifully designed. But, now I find out it is useless to me. Why SONY, why?

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Not even close to true. I'm transffered hundreds of tracks that I've ripped with other software. No idea what this guy is talking about.

3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I didn't have any problems putting any mp3's on it - maybe he is confused and is actually referring to another file type...

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bull crap the sony players will play any mp3, they just put an ogm wrapper around it.