• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does new Dual HDMI Input for PH10's solve 50Hz issue

snapper3166

Established Member
Due to a change in some of my components I need another input for the PH10 I have. The last time I researched this the HDMI Boards for Panansonics had an issue wherby they would not take xga (1024x768) at 50hz. Now there is a new board for 10 series panels onwards (TYFB10) but does this solve the prblem as I cant find any proper specs on it. Or does only the DVI input still take this signal.

Cheers

Steve

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
The DVI input never took it, did it? I thought HDMI only took 480p/576p and 720p/1080i (and now 1080p) at 50Hz and 60Hz but the DVI one took 1024x768 but only @ 60Hz?

Anyway, none of the HDMI boards do 1024x768 afaik.

MAW

Banned
Yes, and so will the old ones on any screen post 8 series intoduction. It was DVI and HDMI on screens 7 series and earlier which would not. It hardly matters nowadays though,

snapper3166

Established Member
Thanks MAW, as I said its a while since I looked at it (way before i bought the panel!) so obviously its been resolved.

When you say its resolved for the newer panels does this mean that the FB8HM HDMI board will do it on the PH10 as well as the new FB10 board.

Can you also confirm the point above, is xga @50hz possible on the HDMI board? Or will i have to reset the scaler to 720p/50Hz and let the panel do the rest. (I have a HD+ Scaler)

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom