1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does iScan have diff NTSC / PAL models?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sub, Sep 24, 2003.

1. sub

sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To take advantage of our current exchange rate, I'm thinking about getting iScan Pro (possibly Ultra) shipped from the US to here in New Zealand.

We're PAL, the US is NTSC. Does iScan have different models for different parts of the world, or is there only one multistandards model?

2. sub

sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...I'm intending to use this for my Fujitsu P42VHA20. Out of the box it does a great job with DVDs, but I'm not so pleased with the picture from our sh*t analog cable network.

I'm not expecting miracles, but I notice a bit of banding on moving objects through the composite signal from my cable box. I dont see this through the component input form my DVD, and I'm hoping the iScan will help fix this.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,571
    sub

The Ultra and Pro dont do any form of scan conversion - input Interlaced PAL and they output 576P; input Interlaced NTSC and it outputs 480P.

Go for the Ultra - its far more flexible and features like the Chroma filter easily justify the additional cost.

Best regards

Joe

PS Visit www.dvdo.com - they are very helpful!

4. Dale Adams

Dale Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    sub,

There's only one version (each) of the Pro and Ultra. Both of them are multi-standard, so they work with PAL and NTSC.

- Dale Adams

5. sub

sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys.

I had a chance to try one out locally today. It didn't really seem to do a job much better the built in fujitsu electronics. I could notice slight difference, but it was hard to tell if these were improvements. I think I've decided its not worth the dollars for my particular setup.