Does Image AI improve contrast or a clever gimmick? (HD230x)

aled0711

Standard Member
Hello.
I own an Optoma HD230x projector and am having a bit of a hard time deciding if Image AI setting is worth it?

I have my projector in a pitch black garage (no windows etc) and therefore have the lamp set to its dimmer setting.

I don't have a keen eye for black levels and have always had image AI set to off. Tinkering trying to get the perfect picture I have decided to turn Image AI on however all it seems to do is make the fan spin louder/bulb go brighter in bright movies such as Toy Story, Monsters Inc etc.

Does Image AI make the contrast darker/richer in darker movies even on a PJ bulb's lowest setting by blocking the iris or does it just dim the bulb? which obviously wouldn't make any difference to me as I have it on lowest setting so would be of no benefit.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

sub routine

I'd say if you can't tell the difference And the fans louder, turn it off and enjoy it bud :)
Don't own the optomo though I'm afraid so can't tell you anything specific mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom