• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

does imac get discounted on Black Friday

toxic mango

have been saving for imac. Heard internet rumours of imac maybe getting 25% slashed off in black friday - just wanted to know on previous occasion whether there have been good imac deals

dc8900

Distinguished Member
have been saving for imac. Heard internet rumours of imac maybe getting 25% slashed off in black friday - just wanted to know on previous occasion whether there have been good imac deals

the most I've seen discounted on black Friday and if memory serves me correctly was 6%, Apple would never discount it by that margin on black friday

dc8900

Distinguished Member
I see, is it famed for discount shopping then, like boxing day sales in the UK??

yep, that's basically it :thumbsup: (sorry, I should have made that clearer in post #5)

Last edited:

bobbytoad

Why would the UK get any benefit from this then???
Not I guess - will check apple on 27th all the same :D

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Why would the UK get any benefit from this then???
Not I guess - will check apple on 27th all the same :D

with Apple, obviously being an American company, they often have some discounts on their UK (and others) online store on Black Friday so we don't miss out on some of the fun

Tenex

Distinguished Member
have been saving for imac. Heard internet rumours of imac maybe getting 25% slashed off in black friday

LOL that's quite cheered me up! Two years ago they took about £50 off iMacs and MB/P but last year it was restricted to notebooks only I think. Apple doesn't discount, save in the refurb store.

Tenex

Distinguished Member
What's "Black Friday"?

Its the day of the year when the retail stores in the US collectively move from from trading at a loss to making a profit ie. "moving into the black".

Seems improbable it would happen to all retailers simultaneously but its close enough to the truth - and Thanksgiving spending - to be pretty accurate. So to encourage purchasers to fill their coffers they hold fairly decent sales. Saw a 42" Full HD Samsung LCD pre-advertised for $279 the other day …

The popularity and traffic has tended to encourage US sellers over here to offer nominal reductions for the day in recent years.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom