• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does IFC (inteligent frame creation) smooth out standard def tv?

pimpinator

Standard Member
I'm just wanting to know if the Panasonic IFC Inteligent Frame Creation helps smooth out standard def tv pictures to make it a smoother viewing experience without any bluring or judder with fast moving programes like formula 1 or football or does this have no effect on such programmes?

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
In theory.

General feedback is that fast moving stuff is what gives these digital processing features the most problems.

You shouldn't get too much blurring (although you'll get a little more than on a CRT) or judder on football on a Panny plasma. You shouldn't get much at all on F1 - or at least, I haven't noticed any.

Last edited:

YellowSphere

Prominent Member
There's actually very little fast movement in F1, whilst cars are travelling at hundreds of miles an hour, they only move very slowly across the lens.

I would imagine that football would look worse with IFC on than off, because it wouldn't be able to deal with the complexity of the movement.

pimpinator

Standard Member
I only mentioned formula 1 more for when there's slow panning of the camera accross a fast moving car, i've seen on other makes where the car looks fine, but the crowd and sponsor boards look fuzzy and blurry and i didn't know if ifc would help smooth things like that out, the same with football where the players look fine but the crowd look terrible which can go towards ruining the experience.

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Until we get F1 in HD, I don't think that's ever going to be solved although at least on BBC, even in SD, we won't have to suffer the diabolical picture quality of ITV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom