Does Humax 8000T have PDC?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mcompton69, Jul 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mcompton69

mcompton69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    • Does Humax 8000T have PDC?
    • Do any DVBt broadcasts send PDC signals/codes/whatever?
    • Is there a comparable technology for DVBt?
    PDC is a very useful technology when just recording one programas far as i am concerned. What does everyone else think?

2. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No,(to your question Ref: Humax)
    and to be honest PDC never really took off and most stations dont use it or thats what i have been told.

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    PDC is only avaliable on analogue so no digital Freeview recorder can use it. You have to rely on padding start end of programme times. Great thing progress init. Still it is probably one of the few drawbacks that digital recording has against analogue.
    I think I heard some while back that something with the same functionality as PDC would eventually be implemeted with the digital signal but heard nothing lately.

4. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    ????

Last time I used my VCR's 4 out of the 5 channels used it, as usual ITV couldn't be bothered. Nothing to record on ITV so no great problem though ;)

On digital most channels don't really need it, they stick rigidly to the published schedule. However I'm getting seriously annoyed by CH4's habit of showing BB in place of the scheduled programs and the BBC's unpredictable start times. The sooner PDC arrives for DvB the better.