Does HD tie me back in to 12 month contract?

agsw88

Banned
Hi All
Had HD subs for about 13 months and cancelled about six months ago. I have just contacted sky to take sky sports off my package and also wanted to activate my HD subs again.

I have been informed that this will re tie me back in to a 12 month contract! Is this true or more sky bs

Cheers
Al

Hi All
Had HD subs for about 13 months and cancelled about six months ago. I have just contacted sky to take sky sports off my package and also wanted to activate my HD subs again.

I have been informed that this will re tie me back in to a 12 month contract! Is this true or more sky bs

Cheers
Al

From what you say the box is 13 + 6 = 19 months old and your property

You can alter your packages each month if you wish so the sports bit is ok. I would have thought that the min 12 months contract for hd only applies if you are getting a box and installation. If the thing is in there and belongs to you surely there is the ability to alter the package each month just like the sports bit. Why not check again with another clued up operator?

loz

Distinguished Member
AIUI, HD itself is a 12 month contract.
But it doesn't tie you into a new 12 month channel package contract.

It says, or used to, that the HD contract was for 12 months, but you could cancel it before then if you canceled your channel package contract. (but you couldn't cancel it otherwise)

agsw88

Banned
AIUI, HD itself is a 12 month contract.
But it doesn't tie you into a new 12 month channel package contract.

It says, or used to, that the HD contract was for 12 months, but you could cancel it before then if you canceled your channel package contract. (but you couldn't cancel it otherwise)

Hi Loz,

So basically if I added it on but then wanted to cancel sky completley, say in six months, could I do this?

Cheers
Al

hurdy

HD pack has a thirty day cancellation notice once you are out of your minimum subscription period - I've cancelled it and reactivated it numerous times over the last four years.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom