Does Fujitsu P42VHA30 hav DVI input?

Fishbones

Only the US versions have DVI apparently. That is what I was told by the sales person when I demoed this unit.

MAW

Banned
DVI is not on the US version. EU law is about to jack up the price on 'monitors' with DVI, they will be re classified as TV's and will carry the 14% tariff. No official word, but I'm sure this is fuji's game.

mikeaitch

Great plasma though.......:clap:

Even my ' I don't like all this home cinema stuff' missus said it's the best plasma she's seen of the ones I dragged her to look at:smashin:

AV Geeza

mikeaitch,
How long have you had the VHA30 for?
Which screens did you compare it to?
Can you give us your thoughts on the pro's and con's of the screen? (Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!)

Thanks

Originally posted by AV Geeza
mikeaitch,
How long have you had the VHA30 for?
Which screens did you compare it to?
Can you give us your thoughts on the pro's and con's of the screen? (Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!)

Thanks

and give us an update about the TV PQ on it ?

thanx !
DG

mikeaitch

Guys

Got it this week, only had it up and running for the last 3 days so no chance yet to Avia it or do any serious tweaking.

Compared it to Panny 6, Pioneer 433/434, Hitachi 500 series. Wanted to include NEC42X2 but nobody in the country could give me a demo.

Initial thoughts- Stay away from the Natural mode! if you use the fine mode the picture improves hugely.

Does very well with less than perfect sources, since this is going into the lounge, that was important to me.

Motion handled better than the others including the Panny on which it's based, and no real sign of the dreaded flicker.

There is definitely huge potential with this screen- Having recommended/installed a PW6 for a friend I can honesly say that IMO the futjitsu offers a better overall package than the Panny,

DVD via component_ WOW!!!! Very solid colours for a sdef plasma and very 3D feel to the pictures.

Interestingly, my old Toshiba 330 gave a very impressive picture using interlaced component, I'll have to do some comparisons with the Pioneer 565 using progressive scan and without- it could be that the processing in the plasma is better than that of the players.

Using the freeview box (Pace twin) gives a very respectable picture, although I think it would improve if I had routed a scart for RGB. Using s-video into a converter for the scart input

When I get the chance to have a serious play, I'll post my thoughts, but it'll not compare to some of the technical reviews you'll read elsewhere!! That said I'll try to describe in whatever way I can what I see.

Very happy with my purchase so far. Girlfriend loves it now its here

Hope this helps

thanx for the update !

Please post a picture from your setup on the ' get your plasmas out for the lads ' thread, I would love to soo yours, there isn't a single Fujitsu plasma screen pictured in that thread.

CHeers,

david

Originally posted by mikeaitch
Will do!

Now I'll have to admit I don't know exactly how to post pictures:blush:

just make a picture in jpeg format, less than 640 KB . And when you post you can add an image or upload it to http://photobucket.com/ and paste the url, it's easy.
I am very curious :)

Originally posted by mikeaitch
Will do!

Now I'll have to admit I don't know exactly how to post pictures:blush:

Mike , can you put your picture up please ?

Dave

mikeaitch

Ok, here goes:

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/mikeaitch/8556e65d.jpg

b0779b06.jpg

Finally!!!
:clap:

mikeaitch

Sod it!! posted the wrong one! Look at the link instead.

I'll put it in the right thread , get your plasmas... next anyway.

Hope your curiosity is satisfied Davegilmour:hiya:

AV Geeza

Mike,
Your screen looks great! :smashin: :clap:

Whats your verdict now that youve had a little while?
Is there any buzzing or humming coming from the screen?
Also, whats it like with analogue & digital tv?

Thanks
:thumbsup:

Hope your curiosity is satisfied Davegilmour:hiya: [/B]

Thanks Mike !

What a coincidence... I have just ordered 5 Gallo Micros Stainless ones as well..... and the Fujitsu will be ordered soon :)
It looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

AV Geeza

platty2890,
where did you get that info from?
Any idea of the model number?

platty2890

sevenoaks no model no. but only told because current ones dont have a dvi/hdmi input so i asked went fujitsu would have one

MAW

Banned
I can confirm both rumours, a VHA and VCA31 will be samsung based. DVI will be not in my definition of summer, 4th Q. VHA30 will continue till then.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Grado introduces Prestige X Series headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon in talks to acquire MGM Studios
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney to close Fox Channel in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display showcases OLED display technology at online SID 2021