Does FreeSat include E4?

Simebaby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As title... it's not shown on the FreeSat website, but I wondered if it was out of date (as E4 is on FreeView AFAIK).

TIA

Si.

Freesat from SKY does not include E4.
Freesat from the BBC/ITV will not include E4 either.

E4 is tied to a Dsat carriage deal between SKY and CH4 until 2008.

Ah - now I'm confused. To keep it simple for me - if I were to buy a freeview box from ASDA (or wherever) - would I get E4 (I thought I saw adverts everywhere on E4 advertising that it was now available on Freeview).

Yes, E4 is on Freeview which is the digital terrestrial service.

Freesat (which is digital satellite) has different channel lineups.

Starburst said:
Freesat from SKY does not include E4.
Freesat from the BBC/ITV will not include E4 either.

E4 is tied to a Dsat carriage deal between SKY and CH4 until 2008.

Starburst you seem to know quite a lot about Sky and the channel line up etc, can you advise if Freesat viewers will be seeing Sky 2 and 3 along with ITV4 available as non subscription on Freesat? At the moment on my Freesat box I have no Sky2 and 3 yet on my Sky+ box in the other room I have both.

leedebs said:
can you advise if Freesat viewers will be seeing Sky 2 and 3 along with ITV4 available as non subscription on Freesat? At the moment on my Freesat box I have no Sky2 and 3 yet on my Sky+ box in the other room I have both.

SKY 2 will remain a PAY channel since it still carries timeshifted content from SKY1 which in many cases are first run shows and SKY only own the PAY rights for others so little chance of it being on Freesat.
SKY 3 is a FTV channel (requires FTV/freesat smartcard) and you should have access to it right now, I can watch it on my FTV/Freesat digibox.
ITV4 will launch full time on Freesat from the 7th November (ch120), for tonight only ITV4 will be on the M&M channel (136) so you can watch the footy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom