1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Denon AVR 2105 solve lip sync problems?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by macrosse, May 13, 2005.

1. macrosse

macrosse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read a bit on the forum concerning the problem with sound/image synchronisation and have just bought the pw7. To allay my fears before it arrives & I set up, does anyone know if the Denon AVR2105 has a time delay function or whatever its called, so that if necessary I can get sound and images synchronised? If not anyone know what other AVR options there are without paying retarded prices?
    Does the way the amp/plasma/tvbox etc. are connected have any bearing on this?

Cheers.

2. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi There

I have also been looking at this Amp , and I can tell you that it does not have the Lip-Sync option :confused: . I'm the same looking to ge a Amp/Plasma Sky+ running with out any sound problems

Denon AVR-2105 :thumbsdow sorry no
    Denon AVR-2805 :smashin: Yes it does

What about the Yamaha Amps , most of them have the option . The AX750SE that does have the Lip-Sync option and you can pick one up for under £350 and is a very good amp .

:D

3. macrosse

macrosse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks BM
    Do you have sync problems already or are you just examining every possible angle, trying to pass time whilst waiting for delivery like sad old me?
    Looks like I might have to save for the 2805 but its horribly expensive (Euro 990). Don't know about the Yamaha, I'm not sure I could bring myself to buy anything of that brand (ridiculous prejudice I know). Not sure that they look that nice either.

4. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    if you are not looking to spend a lot of money i can recommend the yamaha rxv450 which can be had for £150 delivered (might be even cheaper now).
    i know you are not keen on yamaha but i think the rxv450 is great for the price and has lip sync feature.again comes down to your personal preference and how much you want to spend.
    i have panasonic pwd7 and not really had lip sync issues except on some dvd's and i think this is partly down to me currently having my dvd thru the second scart socket on sky+ then thru a js tech rgb-vga box then to the plasma vga. just getting money together to get new dvd player and connect thru component board and current setup was a short term solution.
    no problems at all on sky+ and I only notice it on dvd sometimes and only when i really look for it. even then i think you start to imagine it's out of sync because you have heard people talking about lip sync and you start looking for it when its not really there!!! :mad:

5. tetrarch

tetrarch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2