Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Does Dell Axim PDA ring's a bell?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by nicko, Aug 4, 2003.

1. nicko

nicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to know something more abou this PDA. Since the server was down i had to go to avsforum (america). This weekend was trying to find a remote control, when somenone tell me to think on using a PDA for a remote instead of spending (some) more money in a thing that serves only for that (and recomended Dell's Axim). With a PDA I can get something more! And besides I was going to have one either way, so I guess this solution suits me.
    That´s why i'm here. Trying to know some more about this PDA, or other that someone could recomend. Keep in mind that I have a tight budget for this!

Thanks in advance!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Sony clie have better range as they are designed with remote functions check the Sony sites for details.... They come (some models ) with soft ware already installed....

3. nicko

nicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replying hornydragon.

And I really like sony clie looks. Plus the camera, etc..
    Where can I see a comparative of PDA's IR capabilies?
    Where is the best place to buy any of these, online?
    (I never seen any Sony Clie in stores here in Portugal, and a store clerk told me yestarday that the sony dealer told him that the Portuguse market couldn't absorve such a product. By the way he (the dealer) has one! Short minded. That's not really the problem, cos we do have everything here (!), is that sony's politics is: if u don't sell this product by the milliards, it isn't worth it! or maybe i'm wrong, just transcriving what the clerk said to me!
    Sad but true