1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does contrast reduce over time on LCD?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SanPedro, Aug 24, 2005.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    My Panny AE100, with over 4K hours on the clock seems greyer than it used to.

It could be a complete delusion, or maybe I just want something better. :D

But does anyone know if the contrast on LCD machines dips over time? It's got a brand new bulb BTW.

Finally... anybody know what sort of price I could get for my machine? It has some dust blobs on it and the centre of the screen has a slight yellow stain over it, which I guess is warping on the panels. But it does have a new bulb with only 30-40 hours max useage. I used to use it as a replacement TV but have recently only used it for movies or big TV dramas.

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Anybody...?

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    I don't believe so. As in, I've never seen any comment confirming this. And my VW10 (2500 hours, new bulb 500 hours ago +/-) is still much as I remember it.

I suspect that your new lamp is brighter than the one it replaced and it is this that is giving you a grey impression; it's probably back to how it was when new.