Does anyone using Denon AVR-2307 and Sharp 42XD1E (1080p one) panel?

VDG

Novice Member
I am considering to buy AVR-2307 receiver to use in my HT set up with Sharp 42XD1E panel but just read in 'AV Receivers' thread about HDMI handshake problems between XD1E and Denon so I was wondering if this is a known issue and also if anyone here in this thread using this exact set up?
TIA

P

Peter Galbavy

I have a handshake problem between my 4306 and my 52XD1E but it is very specific:

I use a "smart switch" (this one) 6 way power adaptor that watches for the amp to be on or off and I hang all the other (non-timed-recorder) components off that for power saving. this means that my TV is turned off completely ever day when I am not using it - and not on standby.

Each time the TV is turned on it takes about 3-5 minutes (I have not timed it with a watch) for it to sync with the amp. This DOES NOT happen when turning the TV on from standby and TBH now I know what the problem is, I ignore it. I simply turn on the amp and wander off to make dinner, tea etc. and by the time I turn around the TV is back.

VDG

Novice Member
I have a handshake problem between my 4306 and my 52XD1E but it is very specific:

I use a "smart switch" (this one) 6 way power adaptor that watches for the amp to be on or off and I hang all the other (non-timed-recorder) components off that for power saving. this means that my TV is turned off completely ever day when I am not using it - and not on standby.

Each time the TV is turned on it takes about 3-5 minutes (I have not timed it with a watch) for it to sync with the amp. This DOES NOT happen when turning the TV on from standby and TBH now I know what the problem is, I ignore it. I simply turn on the amp and wander off to make dinner, tea etc. and by the time I turn around the TV is back.
Thanks for the reply Peter.
If it takes 3-5 minutes to establish connection its annoying but its not the end of the world and I can live with that.. I was more worried about total sync failier which was reported here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478829

I demoed 2307 on Sunday with MA R90 5.1 and pair of BW MC1s and I really liked the sound of it, shame if it turns to be incompatible with 42xd1e..

phatboytim

my 2807 went back to Denon last week, as apparently they have some software changes that will make my Sharp panel work

The downside is, if I get a non Sharp panel, it will need to go away again, to be reverted!

P

Peter Galbavy

Interesting on the Denon "hack". Can you share who you spoke with @ Denon - PM is fine if you think publishing names is a little too coarse. I would ask them to do same on my 4306 perhaps as I am going to be stuck with it for a few years :)

P

Peter Galbavy

I was more worried about total sync failier which was reported ...
Interesting but not the problem I see - unless of source the Sky HD box does even odder things - I don't have (and will never ever have) Sky.

phatboytim

mine originally suffered slow sync, but I had the amp replaced for another reason, and it refuses to sync all together now

I didnt speak to anyone at Denon myself, the local dealer spoke to them for me, so I dont have any contacts unfortunatly. When they tell me its ready, Ill see if there is a service code or something, and can post that up

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom